General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Left a message, no call back so let me try here. Bought 2 stubby gas lens kits at separate dates quite apart. One was for a friend with a Lincoln 17 torch and mine for a CK 26.
Both kits don’t grip the tungstens right. I can still slide the tungsten despite a lot of hand force to tighten the back caps. I as if the collets are slightly too short. Both kits were used only a few times so not worn out. Used a lot of torch’s over the last 36 years of TIG welding and never had this issue. What is the problem here?
Ernie F.
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

Hi mate. If you are chasing weldmonger than you may not get much results here, they dont have much to do with this.
I find the easiest way to get a hold of them is thier email address.
info@weldmonger.com
I have had delivery issues before and they usually very good, much better than most stores.
Hope it helps bro
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

check that your using the correct insulator.
its been a while but i think there is two in the kits and you need to swap the stock one for the correct one.
tweak it until it breaks
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

sounds like the wrong collets for the gas lens. could be a mix up on either end. When you set the collet into the gas lens does the collet stick out a bit? and are the collets the proper size? Stuff does happen.
    Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

check that your using the correct insulator.
its been a while but i think there is two in the kits and you need to swap the stock one for the correct one.
The kit comes with 2 insulators and only one fits the CK26, the other is a smaller diameter. I'll have to take another look at the one we put on the Lincoln 17, that one slips more.
sounds like the wrong collets for the gas lens. could be a mix up on either end. When you set the collet into the gas lens does the collet stick out a bit? and are the collets the proper size? Stuff does happen.
Proper size? These are the collets that came with the kits. I think the collets are slightly short. I don't know what you mean by sticking out a bit. It bottoms out in the collet body where there should be a small taper and the plug end is below the threads for the plug/cap.
The collet body is firmly tight into the torch with a small wrench. If the collet body is loose or not in all the way it would also cause the problem.
Ernie F.