General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
croshaul
    Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:58 am

I've had my HTP 221 for a few years now and was curious about cleaning under the hood. This never seems to come up in discussion forums
and doing a search brings up nothing.
Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

I'll blow my machines out once every couple weeks to a month just through any vents available. I made a longer blow nozzle with a 90 bend to get at the water coolers core through the side vents on the tig machine.

1 time per year the covers get removed and I blow everything off with clean compressed air.

Could probably do the same with yours. Pretty sure my owners/user manuals never said how to remove the covers or maintain the inside though Think I had to ask for the service maintenance manual or whatever they called it to get those details.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

It wont hurt. The boards are thick lacquer-coated so they're durable, but the heat sinks are obviously not coated. Take off the carry handle first, then all the torx bolts, lift up about 2" to undo the ground wire female spade connector and away goes the cover. I clean mine about once a year or 1.5 years.
croshaul
    Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:58 am

Thanks guys, it's on the to do list.
drizzit1aa
    Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:57 pm

croshaul wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:47 pm Thanks guys, it's on the to do list.
I don't know anything about HTP's but when a Miller or Lincoln gets too dirty inside (dust, grind dust, humidity), I find I get zapped more often while welding.