General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

I'm slapping a new cart together for a Lincoln PowerMIG 180C, and I have to configure the tank restraint.

I already have a cart with two 120's on it; argon and C25. I feel like I should get an 80 for the new cart.

I stupidly sold my old 80-gallon C25 tank, so I have no way to measure an 80 to see how far up the shoulder starts. Can someone do me a favor and tell me? The restraint has to be below the shoulder for obvious reasons. My old cart has restraints 33.5" up, but the tanks are tall.

Also, I am trying to decide whether I should design the restraint for two tanks. I was thinking of getting one tank of C25 so I would have something ready when the big tank goes dry. What other gases should I consider? Most of my welding involves plain old carbon steel, but maybe I should prepare for other jobs.
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I doubt that machine has the balls for spray, it's just not meant for it; so I don't think youbneed anything other than C25. You can run solid wire and perhaps 035 gas shielded flux core, if it has enough voltage.
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Yes, if I need another 20 amps, I'll have to go to my Harbor Freight machine.
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.