General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Rodbelan
    Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:17 am

I'd like to know what is the better way to save batteries when the hood is not in use: grind mode? Cause mine has a little flashing light to indicate that I am in grind mode (to avoid being flashed); not sure if it is the right way to store my helmet... Thanks very much.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

depends on the model. anything in the manual about it?
one of mine has an off position. the other is auto off.
tweak it until it breaks
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I hang my welding jacket over it to prevent it from activating (Miller Infinity). Keeps my batteries alive much longer.

During the day if I’m working and off/on with the helmet, I throw it face down for the same reason (sensors are on the front).
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

cj737 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:12 pm I hang my welding jacket over it to prevent it from activating (Miller Infinity). Keeps my batteries alive much longer.

During the day if I’m working and off/on with the helmet, I throw it face down for the same reason (sensors are on the front).
where as i have to keep one of mine in the sun as that charges it. if you put them in a box/cupboard for a long time it won't work.
tweak it until it breaks
Rodbelan
    Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:17 am

tweake wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:26 pm depends on the model. anything in the manual about it?
one of mine has an off position. the other is auto off.
Noting in the manual about it... It's a Pro Point helmet, made by Jasic, I think...
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

grinding mode led will drain the battery.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'