General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Ken
  • Ken
    Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:24 pm

And I love it. I am by no means a certificated welder, I have never taken any welding tests, but I work for the City of Va Beach in the Fabrication and Construction shop. My primary job is schools outdoor sports equipment and fencing, Me and my crew mate ( only have one helper) do everything from welding Alu Burke playground clamps back together to rebuilding baseball/Softball, Backstops, so far in the three years I've had this job I have had nothing break that I have welded (thank God), but anything I can do to improve my quality and knowledge is great with me:)

I have a #10 shade welding helmet at work that the city provided me with plus I recently purchased a Chicago Electric 94336 auto darkening helmet, at work we have a couple of old 60's models stick welders, 2 Miller mig welders with NOS tanks on the back, one of which is set up to mig Alu or steel, two tig machines, both Miller, one is set to either tig or stick, I needed that when we weer in the old shop, before we moved to where we are now, at home I have a old Century Power-Mate 70 wire-fed fluxcore. So far I'm holding my own welding, but I hope I can learn a lot more and better ways on this site
rickbreezy
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Greetings from Portsmouth, brother! Nice to hear from a local.

I work for the SPSA by the way.

-Rick
Ken
  • Ken

Thanks Brother :)

You do schools over there of just regular welding?

Oh sorry it took me so long to reply, computer would up being used as a paper weight, then a bow and arrow target till I got this one running:)
rickbreezy
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 pm

No i was doing heavy equipment maintenence, trash trucks, bulldozers, ect.
Ken
  • Ken

I do everything outside for the Va Beach schools, Fence, playgrounds, tables sports equipment, all of it, since we moved into the weld shop off Lynnhaven I have had access to more and better equipment than before, now along with my Miller 350 and two old gas powered welder/generators, I have a saw, drill press off a Navy Cruiser, and metal bender, another tig machine ( Miller 250) and a couple of mig machines one set up to mig aluminum too :)
As long as I don't get fired because of the budget I'm basically in heaven as far as work goes.
Sarge

Ok... I found it! I love all the info. Now how do I post??? Looking for better info on the Lincoln Power Mig 350MP on Aluminum. I have two in my shop but want to be better than the best with it. Any suggestions?
Be Innovative.
Goal is perfection, but excellence is Acceptable.
Powermig 255C
Powermig 350MP x2
175 squarewave
Weld-pac 100
Hypertherm 600
Hypertherm 1250