General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
JAL1639
    Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 pm

One of my instructors has one of these and it rocks. Does anybody have an extra they would be willing to part with? From multiple google's I have yet to find one for sell.
War Eagle!
michiganwelder
    Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:43 pm

pic?
JAL1639
    Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 pm

From behind the lens or of the lens?
War Eagle!
michiganwelder
    Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:43 pm

preferably of the thing. What kind of helmet does it fit? any idea who makes it?
Cody
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Hello. You can get them I know for sure at Airgas. I had a friend of mine down in Tampa, Florida who bought one. It fit right inside his Jackson Shadow big window hood (4 1/2" X 5 1/4"). I think he said it was about $20. It was pretty neat to watch yourself welding through it as well. I will check with him again but I'm quite sure he purchased it at Airgas.

Cody
TurnNburn1x
    Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 am

Co[color=#0000BF]Thanks for that post, I've been trying to find one also for about 3yrs, and apparently it was right under my nose the whole time, I've even Googled for it with no success a while back.[/color]dy wrote:Hello. You can get them I know for sure at Airgas. I had a friend of mine down in Tampa, Florida who bought one. It fit right inside his Jackson Shadow big window hood (4 1/2" X 5 1/4"). I think he said it was about $20. It was pretty neat to watch yourself welding through it as well. I will check with him again but I'm quite sure he purchased it at Airgas.

Cody
PTsidehow
    Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:48 am

Airgas has the gold Filter lenses in shades from 8 to 12 Polycarbonate and in both sizes.
PDF download on the info for the weld cool brand
they also have them

make sure any you buy are the proper shade# Over the years There have been a number of Cobalt blue lenses for different uses. I have a pair of the cyclops style uni-lenses gas welding google frames that has a coal fireing cobalt blue if out loose it could be mistaken from a small window lens.

They have been sold for glass workers to cut down on the sodium flare for years. In welding both gas and arc they do give a clearer picture of the weld operation. Now if they only could make an AD lens system that would be an improvement.

Pdf download on welding shields from AWS
Side by side new and old standards ANSI Z87.

Contrary to what people have said about the ANSI Z87.1 markings on the frames, helmet and lenses. They must be permanently marked! end of discussion.

You have to remember, you only have one pair of eyes and despite the advances in medicine to date, you still can't buy another pair.
glen
fastopel
    Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:12 pm

JAL1639 wrote:One of my instructors has one of these and it rocks. Does anybody have an extra they would be willing to part with? From multiple google's I have yet to find one for sell.
Check the Henrob2000 website. They sell the cool blue lenses. Darrell