General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

A long while back this video was sent to me as a joke about a small fire I had in a chain locker while cutting out some rusted steel ! but it still intrigues me as to what the guy was doing as I'm not familiar with whatever that piece of equipment is / the cause of the flying object & is he still around with a face like Darth Vader ?

Any thoughts - other than I hope he's OK & I really don't to try this at home !

cNir0J9lzo8
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

On weldingweb.com this was talked about and post #6 explains it. He said he died as well.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?24 ... +explosion
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 am

This is a tragic situation and I'm sure we all empathise with the workers and their families who saw this, and, especially, we offer great sympathy to the family of the worker killed here.
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

AnvilJack wrote:This is a tragic situation and I'm sure we all empathise with the workers and their families who saw this, and, especially, we offer great sympathy to the family of the worker killed here.
i thought i read on y.t. that he lived. could be wrong. i was once before. let this be an object lesson to us all to be careful out there so at day's end we can go home in one piece.