General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Arkomo
    Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum, I saw in one of the YouTube videos I watched the great looking welding table that was being used.
Looked like there were flat strips of plate with lots of holes in them spaced a bit apart. Does someone here have a diagram on this table and instructions on how to build it without warping it, then how to get it perfectly flat? Thanks, Tom
jdpflyer
    Thu May 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Arkomo,

Welcome to the forum. That is a Strong Hand Tools table.

http://www.stronghandtools.com/strongha ... /index.php
Jimmy
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

another old school option is the acorn platen.
Arkomo

Thanks for the replies. I looked at stronghold but did not see this table with this top. Do you believe it would be possible to
Buy some cold finished bars around 3/4 by 8 inches and with some HD rectangular tubing build one similar to this? I know there is no way I could afford a factory table anything like this. Beautiful table. Thanks, Tom
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Arkomo.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
jdpflyer
    Thu May 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Go to Stronghandtools.com, click downloads. I believe the table you are referring to is in the Probuild catalog. I've been looking. They ain't cheap!
Jimmy
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

They are not "cheap"

Jody's setup was at least 4 grand :shock:

There a time saver, as all of us can see :P
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Arkomo

Very nice welding table setup in deed. There used to be a welding and fabrication shop east of my town that had 4 4x4 acorn tables. He would use his forklift to place them where they were needed to go under the corners of what he was building. Worked pretty slick too. He also had a nice big jib crane that was very handy. When they had his auction when he quit a big equipment company and bought almost all of his good equipment, including the acorn tables.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

acorn tables are nice :D

Buddy of mine has a 8x8 :shock:
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024