General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
j96simmons
    Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi guys I have a thermal arc 2410 wire feeder that I would like to hookup to my miller shopmaster 300 cc/cv welder.

The problem is the feeder does not have a control wire ... In the booklet it talks about a 19 pin amphenol and using a 5 pin or 14 pin amphenol adaptor to the welder but I only have the 120v plug and the lug to bolt my power cable on.

I would like to fab my own cable to plug in to my 14 pin on the welder or wire strait to the welder so any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Attachments
welder - other8.jpg
welder - other8.jpg (76.77 KiB) Viewed 847 times
welder - other5.jpg
welder - other5.jpg (56.68 KiB) Viewed 847 times
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

welcome to the forum ;)
John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
j96simmons

AKweldshop wrote:welcome to the forum ;)
John
Well thank you !
Arizona SA200
    Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

I'm not very familiar with thermal dynamics equipment, I have only run their plasma cutters (they are nice). have you looked on the TD website to see what the requirements for the feeder are? I'm not sure but it may be a voltage sensing feeder that does not require the amphenol. The booklet you are referring to, is it for the miller or the TD?
I stack dimes for a living so i can stack dollars for a paycheck.
j96simmons

Arizona SA200 wrote:The booklet you are referring to, is it for the miller or the TD?
The feeder is a thermal arc not a thermal dynamics ... the book I have is for the feeder and it is definitely not a voltage sensing feeder it is for cv welding power supply.

It will weld the way it is but the wire is always electrically hot as I need to have the contactor switch set to panel.
I found some info on the miller 14 pin plug and it looks like if I just short out pins A and B it will turn on the weld output when the contactor switch set to remote.

Maybe I can just splice in at the point were the mig gun switch hooks to the feeder and run the wires to pins A and B on my miller 14 pin plug ?????
Arizona SA200
    Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Sorry about the thermal arc/thermal dynamics mess up. I am not sure what the pin configuration is on the millers but what you are saying sounds to me like it will work.
I stack dimes for a living so i can stack dollars for a paycheck.