General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Has anyone been experiencing slow loading/slow navigation or other issues on the forum?

I've been having delays for several days now. It doesn't matter whether I'm using Internet Explorer or Firefox, and this is the only place I've been having trouble. If it's just me, I'll dig a little deeper into my machine. If it's a forum issue, I'll let the webmaster know.

Thanks,

Steve S
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

One day I couldn't even get on the forum, I could get to the store, the videos, wtat site.
I could not log onto the forum, kept saying 404 site not found.
Is that what your meaning?

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Mongol
    Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:56 pm

The other day I couldn't access the videos, but that was about it. I use Google Chrome.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Yes - recently at times the forum has been slow responding to pages & one day last week it was not available where I am using my preferred Firefox - seems OK today - just assumed it was a minor glitch.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 pm

I have several things/questions i wanna ask... Im on tapatalk pro (android phone) and i can't figure how to create a new post... It will on the rest of the forums? I have 6 on my tapatalk for those of you that knoe what i mean. This one seems to be high security?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This was the closest to a how to thread i could find?

I know nothing about tapatalk... I like my plain ol' stupid phone.

Several here use it regularly, though, so some advice should pop up soon.

It seems my "slow" issues were neither my computer nor the forum, but some local node in the 'net... Everything's back to normal today without any intervention from me or the admins.

Steve S

Thanks for the reply! :-)

coldman
  • coldman

I find it slow to load also and I haven't been able to access the videos from the forum site for a week now.
Also email notice of Jody's last week's video on journals did not happen either.

Wiredwelder wrote:I have several things/questions i wanna ask... Im on tapatalk pro (android phone) and i can't figure how to create a new post... It will on the rest of the forums? I have 6 on my tapatalk for those of you that knoe what i mean. This one seems to be high security?

You should be able to hit the new topic button once you've selected a discussion forum I.e. "general shop talk". Other than that, you seem to be posting just fine since your posts are coming through tapatalk.

I'll look into the load times. More than likely an issue with our host that will resolve on its own soon. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

First time in two weeks everything has gone smoothly. I've done nothing here. Must be an issue with a local server, and probably based on activity.

At least I can catch up without beating my head on the keyboard.

Steve S