General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
smc1118
    Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 am

What's up everyone I brought this Miller pro hobby hood ananswered it for about 2weeks
and the digital screen froze didn't even turn off when I got home I took it apart took the batteries
out and put them back and it was fine has owned this hood and experience this issue and if so what
Could it mean
newschoppafowah
    Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:54 pm

I actually joined this forum to ask about that helmet, before I even formulated my question I got fed up, returned it and went with something else.

I figured out to hold the button to get it to turn off,but it would turn on automatically sometimes. The thing I couldn't live with was that ambient light would kick it on at any sensitivity 3 or above.

Below that setting, a TIG arc of less than 30 amps would NOT kick it on.

In 4 hours of trying to familiarize myself with that helmet I got flashed maybe 30 times.

The "Chicago Electric" I used in school only flashed me once, and that was when I had a 2.0 cheater and a guy walked in front of me during a demonstration before I could see him in my periphery.

Just my experience.
Sent from an earthen ditch outside Needles, CA using an awful lot of low voltage single strand wire.

It's a matter of flour and water and then there's the seasonings, which is a matter of salt and so forth and then you h-we interrupt this for the announc
smc1118
    Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 am

finally got it to work just had to readjust the batteries and that is one thing I don't like about it is that it turns on by it's self but other then that I can't complain
jet
  • jet
    Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:58 pm

I have a Miller pro and I have had numerous problems with it also. I bought the hot rod model to show hometown pride. The lens takes 45 mins to turn off by itself and will turn on when you strike an arc, you don't have to turn it on.
If the hobby model has the "X" mode, it works better with low amp settings. Most of my welding is below 70 and I have the shade at 9 and sensitivity at 5. Seems to work really well, but it does flash sometimes.
I got the chance to use it at an onsite outdoor repair over the weekend, and it was absolutely wonderful!
I wish it worked that good indoors.
The headgear drives me nuts. It came with the new 'ergo' headgear and I hated it. Called customer service and they took care of me and sent the old style headgear. It still has issues though. The pivots like...err...love to pull your hair out, and so does the top split.
I also get some weird 'blind spots' at some angles too. I think it is from the curved front cover shield refracting the light before it goes through the lens. And it scratches really easy compared to a Jackson with an EQC, which is what I had before, and may go back to.