General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Zach_T
    Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am

Anybody out there working on anything??
If ya ain't burnin ya ain't earnin
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I mowed the lawn...

It's been overdue for two weeks, but the rain wouldn't break...

Does that count?

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I went to church...twice :D
-Jonathan
Zach_T

Everything counts haha I need to mow mine but the rain finally came in texas
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Church twice, almost.

Gonna go out and work on something.

I'll get a pic, if I feel like. :D

Supposed to be a day of rest.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

The Lord rested on the seventh day.

He could afford it.
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

I painted some, took the kids on an Easter egg hunt and went for a bike ride and to the park. I did knock out a couple of aluminum brackets but their long gone and I didn't take any pics.
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Well...... I welded up a horseshoe name sign reading "Shane", cleaned the horse barn out, worked on the old Ford 8n tractor all day which included some welding, chased the horses all over the county trying to get them back in the barn, and to top things off, at midnight had to help a goat kid out and that lasted till about 3 am. She had triplets and it was her first time. I burnt up a handful of 7018's and 6013's just to stay practiced up. All in all it was a good day.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I slept for 12 hours, got up, went to lunch and Home Depot, then went back home and took a 3 hour nap. Another typical Sunday.

Other Steve :)
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

delraydella wrote:I slept for 12 hours, got up, went to lunch and Home Depot, then went back home and took a 3 hour nap. Another typical Sunday.

Other Steve :)

I'm jealous since having kids I forgot what those days are like lol.
Zach_T

mcoe wrote:Well...... I welded up a horseshoe name sign reading "Shane", cleaned the horse barn out, worked on the old Ford 8n tractor all day which included some welding, chased the horses all over the county trying to get them back in the barn, and to top things off, at midnight had to help a goat kid out and that lasted till about 3 am. She had triplets and it was her first time. I burnt up a handful of 7018's and 6013's just to stay practiced up. All in all it was a good day.
Sounds like a pretty good Sunday to me!

It wasn't too bad. The worse part was we overslept and missed church service. If we would have made it to church, it would have been a great Sunday.
Matt

mcoe wrote:It wasn't too bad. The worse part was we overslept and missed church service. If we would have made it to church, it would have been a great Sunday.
Of all the sins he forgives, I'd think sleeping late on Sunday would be a misdemeanor... After all, it's a day of rest. Pay your ticket in next week's collection plate.

;)

Steve S

Well Steve it was the last Sunday service in our current church, the congregation has grown so much they had to build a new church and it is finally finished so from now on all service will be in the new church. My wife has grown up in the church so she was heart broken when we missed the last service in it.
Matt

mcoe wrote:Well Steve it was the last Sunday service in our current church, the congregation has grown so much they had to build a new church and it is finally finished so from now on all service will be in the new church. My wife has grown up in the church so she was heart broken when we missed the last service in it.
Nonsense.

She missed the last service in a structure; a building; a location. The church is where you find it; where your friends are; where your family is, and it'll be right where you left it when you show up at the new building next Sunday.

Steve S

Can't remember the last time we got into religion on the forum, but I will add to it.
The "day of rest" was actually the Sabbath Day for the Jews. It started Friday night at sunset and ended Saturday night at sundown. We worship on the first day if the week, Sunday therefore it is not a "day of rest" as was used in the Old Testament.
Now I started something :D
-Jonathan
Last edited by Superiorwelding on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve, that was my thought exactly. She just don't like change. That's why it's so hard for me to talk her into letting me get a new tool or welder. She says:"Well we have these set up good and they work fine, we don't need another." Oh well. :roll:
Matt

Jonathan,

Not all cultures even hold a seven-day week. The seven day week is based on the lunar cycle of approx. 28 days, and seems natural to us.

Also, the Sabbath is open to interpretation, even on a seven day week, as God only said he rested on the seventh day. Genisis is a li'l vague what day God's work-week started. Consider also, the days of the week are named for gods "thou shalt not have before me." "Sun"day. "Moon"day. "Odin's"day. "Thor's"day, "Saturn's"day. etc.

So I don't think you started anything, unless some know-it-all with God's ear is trolling the forum, to "set us all right".

Let's just let each belief choose it's Sabbath.

Steve S

Steve,
All is good. You do have a point on the names of the days though. We can go back a forth on interpretation, but better stop here, unless that troller stops in, then it is fair game ;)
I agree, lets respect others views/beliefs.
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:Steve,
All is good. You do have a point on the names of the days though. We can go back a forth on interpretation, but better stop here, unless that troller stops in, then it is fair game ;)
I agree, lets respect others views/beliefs.
-Jonathan
AMEN!

(So be it, in Hebrew).
    Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:49 pm

With out a doubt this is the best forum on earth!!!!! Civilized conversation with respect. !!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

ejpoter wrote:With out a doubt this is the best forum on earth!!!!! Civilized conversation with respect. !!!!!!!

"TRUE DAT" (said like a Saints fan).

Or would that be, "Treaux Dat."

Steve S

ejpoter wrote:With out a doubt this is the best forum on earth!!!!! Civilized conversation with respect. !!!!!!!

If my conversation ever gets uncivilized, I expect to be banned.
I agree, this is the best Forum I have ever been on. Shout out to the moderators for keeping this place respectful!!!
-Jonathan

Jonathan,

It ain't us, so much as you'd think.

This forum is civil, because Jody created it that way, and everyone has followed along. As a moderator, I've mostly removed spam. There have been STUNNINGLY few issues with disrespect. The community regulates itself amazingly well.

We seem to attract the kind of people we are, so there are very few issues with inappropriate posts.

That's a big "Kudos" to everyone here, for treating it the way it was intended.

Steve S

I love this forum for its lack of drama and for how laid back it is. I think it is easy to navigate and well managed. If I ever get uncivilized or step on any toes intentionally I hope that I am blocked just to make things better for others.
Matt