General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
SBblacksmith
    Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:51 pm

I am currently looking for a new(ish) tig machine for my shop. The ones I am debating between are the miller syncrowave 250dx, the miller dynasty 280dx, and the lincoln precision tig 275. I have not tried the larger lincoln tig welders, ( my buddy has a 375 that I am hoping to test in the next week), but I really like the arc characteristics of the millers. Any thoughts? I am just curious as to other peoples experiences with these machines, durability, amperage draw, ect? I use both red and blue machines in my shop so I don't really have a bias towards one or the other.
Famous last words, "Hey guys, watch this!"

Www.SBForge.com
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Well,
Are you gonna be working these machines to there full extent???

I think you need big breakers for the Syncro and Square wave, the Dynasty will run on a 50amp.

What all do you planning to be working on???

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
SBblacksmith

Primarily stainless steel and bronze parts with the occasional aluminum frame.
Last edited by SBblacksmith on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Www.SBForge.com
wecf
    Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:04 am

I have used the 375 and 280 a bit. I like the 375, I LOVE the 280. The 375 is a nice machine with good control, nice welds. The 280 has fine control and great welds. I didn't see much difference until I was doing 6G and there is no comparison in out of position welds.
SBblacksmith

I went and tried out my buddy's lincoln pt 375 and it was really nice. The arc seemed just as crisp as the syncrowave that I have tried. I think it's going to boil down to what I can get the best deal on.

Www.SBForge.com
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

One of my buddies has a Square Wave 275....

He loves it.

But I think there an even match, SyncroWave 350 vs. SquareWave 275....

Good luck,
And let us know what you get.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024