General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
smc1118
    Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 am

ok im thinking of getting 2 machines that do to processes so a mig fcaw and smaw and tig but that I don't have to put another breaker box in its for keeping my skills up to date so I can practice for weld test what do you guys think I talked to my instructor he said invest in invert machines the reason why I can get a breaker box is because I rent I don't plan on being here long any suggestions thank you all
    Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:39 pm

If you want to run a 220V machine is to run your extension cord off your dryer plug if you can get to it from your work space.
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

I built an extension cord also. I plan on selling my house soon(or at least attempt to), so didn't want to pay for line and have to do it again. It's pricey but you get to take it with you when you go to your next residence.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Not sure what you intend using the machine for - but there are plenty about that will do Mig / Stick / Tig all in one unit & the smaller ones can be found dual voltage - you mostly don't get maximum amps on 110volt - but can still be used - only downside is most of them only have lift Tig on DC - I keep looking at a smaller one for convenience / portability on odd repairs mostly at a local marina - they have power there but you can't get anywhere close to park an engine drive.
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

smc1118 wrote:ok im thinking of getting 2 machines that do to processes so a mig fcaw and smaw and tig but that I don't have to put another breaker box in its for keeping my skills up to date so I can practice for weld test what do you guys think I talked to my instructor he said invest in invert machines the reason why I can get a breaker box is because I rent I don't plan on being here long any suggestions thank you all
Hire your welding out and save your money until you can afford your own place. Novel concept eh ? :o