General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

Superiorwelding wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:34 pm Bump. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
need a drum kit :twisted:
tweak it until it breaks
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Not at all. My youngest would drive us crazy with a drum kit.

Man, it is hot here in Texas. Not sure what I was thinking moving down here. :lol:
Jonathan
tweake

whats life like in the usa at the mo?
i hear bits and pieces but never the whole story.
tweak it until it breaks

I guess that all depends on your perspective and if you are pesimestic or optimistic. For me life is fine. When you really boil things down it could be a LOT worse. Still able to provide a living for my family and enjoy some hobbies so it is not all that bad. For those who might see things as glass half empty, well, it probably doesn't look that great.

As with all things in life, we just need to make the best of things and be prepared and above all take advantage of opportunities around us.
tweake

sounds similar.
media predicting doom and gloom as always, but things are still going forward.
tweak it until it breaks
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum, BUT, where the heck is everyone? I'm basically retired and have plenty of time to get in here and read about operations and problems with those ops. Also looking for some assistance in fixing problems, helping newbies and picking brains for help. We have tweake as a new admin, Jonathan and others are still admin as far as I know. I know people are working harder and longer to make life better. Let's get this forum going again.

Unfortunately, years ago, most of the familiar faces (regulars) moved on. A few have passed away and who knows about the rest. I was unactive for quote a while. I've tried to reach out to Otto but have not been successful. Mick is still kicking but hasn't been on in a while. Taked to him a week or two ago.

I do miss the old times though.
tweake

BillE.Dee wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:01 am Not sure if this is the right part of the forum, BUT, where the heck is everyone? I'm basically retired and have plenty of time to get in here and read about operations and problems with those ops. Also looking for some assistance in fixing problems, helping newbies and picking brains for help. We have tweake as a new admin, Jonathan and others are still admin as far as I know. I know people are working harder and longer to make life better. Let's get this forum going again.
sign of the times a bit. social media has taken a big chunk out of forums. most forums are quite these days. bit of a shame as forums are still much better for asking, trouble shooting, and disusing things.
a few that i was on have gone due to covid, the business that hosted it is gone. another one had a big change due to the main person doing the IT behind it passing away.
some that had a lot of "alterative" people on have moved on, most likely all gone to social media where they can vent without anyone questioning them.
otherwise lives change and not every one is a forum geek.

on the welding side i see quite a few online welding training setups now, which is all good.

what can help is simply you guys chatting. looking like its busy helps attract other people.
tweak it until it breaks
tweake

Superiorwelding wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:38 pm Unfortunately, years ago, most of the familiar faces (regulars) moved on. A few have passed away and who knows about the rest. I was unactive for quote a while. I've tried to reach out to Otto but have not been successful. Mick is still kicking but hasn't been on in a while. Taked to him a week or two ago.

let me know if you catch up with those guys and they still want to be mods.
i'll have to check if i have permission to clean up some of the mods.
tweak it until it breaks

tweake wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:05 am
Superiorwelding wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:38 pm Unfortunately, years ago, most of the familiar faces (regulars) moved on. A few have passed away and who knows about the rest. I was unactive for quote a while. I've tried to reach out to Otto but have not been successful. Mick is still kicking but hasn't been on in a while. Taked to him a week or two ago.

let me know if you catch up with those guys and they still want to be mods.
i'll have to check if i have permission to clean up some of the mods.
I would guess that all the others are not interested for sure. Some haven't been on in years. I'll see if I can reach out to them here soon.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

I will try to reach out to some of the old timers. I'll also try to get some new folks to sign up. I feel it is important to stay in touch with the world in a manner that gets folks talking.