General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
forrestderp
    Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:51 am

newschoppafowah wrote:Not related to welding, just a vent:

Spent the day talking to diesel mechanics about a problem with one of my trucks. My anger is surpassed only by my confusion and desire to become a diesel mechanic and run them all out of business. :lol:

Boy when I figure out how to mount a Bobcat on a bicycle...

Better now. Thx WTT forum :mrgreen:
I have been trying to get the bobcat off the 1 ton I run for work since I started and replaced with an SA200, I hate that bobcat.
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

AKweldshop wrote:
79jasper wrote:Surgically clean is key.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Don't let Steve hear the work "surgically clean"... :roll:
So I've heard. Lol

Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

79jasper wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:
79jasper wrote:Surgically clean is key.

Don't let Steve hear the work "surgically clean"... :roll:
So I've heard. Lol

Hey! Steve was the first to tell the world that surgically clean is not always necessary. Until Steve, if we had a problem with aluminum we assumed we hadn't done due diligence in cleaning.
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

I'm sure my time will come. Lol
Will be doing tig here In a couple months.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I just thought of something when I looked at my post count. If I welcome 40 some more people to the forum I'll become a Weldmonger. This isn't a vail for the Amway site is it? Just checking.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Braehill wrote:I just thought of something when I looked at my post count. If I welcome 40 some more people to the forum I'll become a Weldmonger. This isn't a vail for the Amway site is it? Just checking.

Len

Go for it Len.
How do you think I got where I am now? 8-) :lol:
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Braehill wrote:I just thought of something when I looked at my post count. If I welcome 40 some more people to the forum I'll become a Weldmonger. This isn't a vail for the Amway site is it? Just checking.

Len
Len,
Sorry, don't think that will work. You will however, join the ranks of the "elite" :lol: ;)
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:

Len
Len,
Sorry, don't think that will work. You will however, join the ranks of the "elite" :lol: ;)
-Jonathan
Hahahaha!
I've got a WW thread you need to see on post counts.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:

Len
Len,
-Jonathan
Elite???? You mean pathetic :o :lol: 8-) I told my wife I am just 100+ post away from Weldmonger and she said your pathetic get a life, now get off that site and come to bed. :lol:
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt

mcoe wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:

Len
Len,
-Jonathan
Elite???? You mean pathetic :o :lol: 8-) I told my wife I am just 100+ post away from Weldmonger and she said your pathetic get a life, now get off that site and come to bed. :lol:
I think we new to start a AA section on WT&T but call it WA (welders anonymous) for us husbands that spend to much time on forums.
-Jonathan
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I'm definitely worried that I'm too old now because the Amway joke in that post went right over most of the readership's head. Is there a senior welding site that us old folks can join? We can have post like "Which bifocals work best" and "How to feed rod with arthritis".

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Here you go Len, old school welding site. :lol:
http://www.theblacksmithsanvil.com/
Matt

Braehill wrote:I'm definitely worried that I'm too old now because the Amway joke in that post went right over most of the readership's head. Is there a senior welding site that us old folks can join? We can have post like "Which bifocals work best" and "How to feed rod with arthritis".

Len
It would be full of those stories that start "when I was young" or "way back when" or "listen here son". There we can find tales of those who could weld in the dark with heliarc, how we young weldors are spoiled with inverters but the old dogs, they were the true weldors. No need for hot start or pulse or high freq. When welding machines took 4 men and a boy to move and the knobs had that distinct "click" when engaged. Ahhh.....the old times.

That post was for fun and a laugh only.

-Jonathan

I bet one of the stories would be "I remember my dad welding over the open fire, man that was great, he said I was being rebellious when I tried to focus the fire through a metal tube. Oh the great times!" :lol:
Matt

mcoe wrote:I bet one of the stories would be "I remember my dad welding over the open fire, man that was great, he said I was being rebellious when I tried to focus the fire through a metal tube. Oh the great times!" :lol:

Welding has a lot of history behind it.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

I am a history nut too. One of the welding books I have goes into the history of welding and it is so interesting. I have been playing around with blacksmithing. I built a small coal forge and been playing with it a little. I still like to fire up an OA torch set and weld and braze whenever I can. I am the same way with our farm equipment. We bought a new tractor but I still like getting out and working on the 8n Ford. I like older stuff :lol:
Matt
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Read this one in the paper earlier this week...

The old crone looks up from her crystal ball and says, "I have terrible news. Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a horrible and violent death this year."

The young lady's eyes go from the crone's face to the crystal ball... to the single flickering candle... to her now-quivering hands. She takes two deep breaths to steady herself, and asks the only question she can formulate...

"Will I be acquitted?"

:lol:

Otto Nobedder wrote:Read this one in the paper earlier this week...

The old crone looks up from her crystal ball and says, "I have terrible news. Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a horrible and violent death this year."

The young lady's eyes go from the crone's face to the crystal ball... to the single flickering candle... to her now-quivering hands. She takes two deep breaths to steady herself, and asks the only question she can formulate...

"Will I be acquitted?"

:lol:
Bahahaha!!!!Image

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

So I just have to say, I absolutely suck at walking the cup!!!!!

Man that didn't make me feel any better :? :oops:
HELP!!
-Jonathan
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

walking the cup is all about being comfortable holding the torch with a light grip in some dry runs
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I might have to try this cup walking you speak of tomorrow.... just not with my new Pyrex cups lol
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
JDIGGS82
    Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Some cross members n such from today had to sneak pictures it was a hot job lol
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (55.75 KiB) Viewed 8847 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (56.45 KiB) Viewed 8847 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (52.52 KiB) Viewed 8847 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (55.19 KiB) Viewed 8847 times
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

@JDIGGS82:

Very impressive. All of it, but especially the circular cups
Trev
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
JDIGGS82
    Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:46 pm

TRACKRANGER wrote:@JDIGGS82:

Very impressive. All of it, but especially the circular cups
Trev
Thank ya sir
danielbuck
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 pm

indeed, those are some smooth welds! I can't make my mig welds look smooth, OR like tig welds. :lol: they usually just look lumpy either way :lol: