General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Miggin59
    Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Hello Arc people
I've been searching the net with zero results for at least 2 months for a auto darkening hood made in the USA.
I find it hard to believe that in this great country you can't buy something that built this great nation if
Anyone can help with this great frustration please please do so? I want to by american
Cliff S.
S.M.W. LOCAL 100
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Jackson lists a American made one

http://store.cyberweld.com/jaweheneauda6.html
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Miggin59

:? Maybe I didn't say this right. IM AMERICAN AND I WANT TO BUY AMERICAN not some miller made in Korea crap or jackson made in Vietnam crap or any of the other jap crap. Does anyone understand English Made in USA MEANS MADE IN USA

CLIFF S.
12-B10 US ARMY 77-80
SMW Local #100
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey,

Dave's link there is a USA made helmet.

I've used one, and it says so right on the helmet.

We all feel for the economic crisis...

It can't be done though...\

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Cliff,
I understand English fairly well and from my short reading of your post I understand that you are an idiot. You came on this forum asking if anybody knew of an American made helmet and somebody offered up a site that sells one and you return with an insult to our ability to understand English. Another thing that I understand is that this forum or any other doesn't need the kind of rudeness that you exhibit. Plus adding your union affiliation and your military company just adds another insult, if you want to be a douche bag, be one on your own, don't associate union members and veterans with rudeness please.

Any other questions? Maybe we can muddle through the English and try to answer them for you.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Braehill wrote:Cliff,
I understand English fairly well and from my short reading of your post I understand that you are an idiot. You came on this forum asking if anybody knew of an American made helmet and somebody offered up a site that sells one and you return with an insult to our ability to understand English. Another thing that I understand is that this forum or any other doesn't need the kind of rudeness that you exhibit. Plus adding your union affiliation and your military company just adds another insult, if you want to be a douche bag, be one on your own, don't associate union members and veterans with rudeness please.

Any other questions? Maybe we can muddle through the English and try to answer them for you.

Len
:shock: I am going to have to agree with Len on this one. Steve, Mick?
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I was waiting a bit.

I was interested in the reaction to this.

He's not been kicked, to my knowledge, he just shut up on his own.

I think a bit of PTSD, maybe , as he's made it to ten posts without complaint.

I'm going to hold out, for curiosity's sake.

I won't kick someone out of hand for "issues".

Let's see how he responds to our reaction, and take it from there.

Sounds good to me.
-Jonathan
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Miggin59 wrote::? Maybe I didn't say this right. IM AMERICAN AND I WANT TO BUY AMERICAN not some miller made in Korea crap or jackson made in Vietnam crap or any of the other jap crap. Does anyone understand English Made in USA MEANS MADE IN USA

CLIFF S.
12-B10 US ARMY 77-80
SMW Local #100
English is my native language. After reading your response, you can go piss on yourself for all I care.

By the way, a normal response to a person posting a possible solution to your question would go something like this:
"Thanks for posting, but that's not what I'm looking for."
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

MinnesotaDave wrote:
Miggin59 wrote::? Maybe I didn't say this right. IM AMERICAN AND I WANT TO BUY AMERICAN not some miller made in Korea crap or jackson made in Vietnam crap or any of the other jap crap. Does anyone understand English Made in USA MEANS MADE IN USA

CLIFF S.
12-B10 US ARMY 77-80
SMW Local #100
English is my native language. After reading your response, you can go piss on yourself for all I care.

By the way, a normal response to a person posting a possible solution to your question would go something like this:
"Thanks for posting, but that's not what I'm looking for."
Well said.

I'm waiting to see if we get an apology, or another shitty remark.

All his previous posts were polite.

Steve S
Miggin59

Good morning
I've talked to Miller tec's and Jackson tec's like I said I'm looking to buy a auto dark hood made in USA
if you don't get the made in the USA part there is still hope!!
By the way my other questions were answered with respect to the topic. Thanks
The rest of this response is one ear and out the other::
All I'm looking for is a made in USA auto dark hood! God bless America I'll keep praying for you.

Cliff S
American

A wise man once said
It is better to keep you're mouth shut and be thought of as a fool
Rather than open it and remove all doubt
Abraham Lincoln
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Whatabout Fibre Metal? Are they still home grown?

Mick
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Regarding made in USA products.
Like all manufatured products China branded are made to the specifacations supplied by whoever is ordering the product.
Quality control is also specified and is a cost item.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)

weldin mike 27 wrote:Whatabout Fibre Metal? Are they still home grown?

Mick
I did a little research on their website and did not find mention of USA made. Included is a link if others want to did deeper or look at their products.
http://www.honeywellsafety.com/fibre-me ... gType=1033
-Jonathan
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Miggin59 wrote:Good morning
I've talked to Miller tec's and Jackson tec's like I said I'm looking to buy a auto dark hood made in USA
if you don't get the made in the USA part there is still hope!!
By the way my other questions were answered with respect to the topic. Thanks
The rest of this response is one ear and out the other::
All I'm looking for is a made in USA auto dark hood! God bless America I'll keep praying for you.

Cliff S
American

A wise man once said
It is better to keep you're mouth shut and be thought of as a fool
Rather than open it and remove all doubt
Abraham Lincoln
You don't get it, my friend.... :arrow:

Superiorwelding wrote:
weldin mike 27 wrote:Whatabout Fibre Metal? Are they still home grown?

Mick
I did a little research on their website and did not find mention of USA made. Included is a link if others want to did deeper or look at their products.
http://www.honeywellsafety.com/fibre-me ... gType=1033
-Jonathan

Johnathan,
If its the same HoneyWell that bought out Xtratuf, its China!!!
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

This is not necessarily directed to the OP.
I find it ironic that those who are so adamant that they must purchase a USA made product, sit there and complain while typing on their China made computer, drive care that parts of are made in Canada, Mexico or Korea, talk on phones made in Japan and the list can go on and on. I am a absolute fan of purchasing American made products but the reality these days is most of what we touch on a daily basis is either made entirely over seas or the raw material comes form elsewhere. As a company, we go through great pains to buy American and more importantly to buy local when we can. Using the aforementioned helmet as a example, there are just some things that we might not be able to get that are still made here in the US.
I imagine it is just as important that the members here purchase from their home countries as well, Oz, Canada, Europe etc.
A good point was the quality control. Look at Timken. Some of their products are made overseas and the quality is held to great standards. I know for a fact because I just spent a fortune on some of their products. Just because it may be made in China does not necessarily mean it is absolute junk.
This is my opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views of the management or other members.
-Jonathan
Miggin59

Thank you all
After I talk with fibre metal and find out the country of origin I will let you know.
And I do understand the car, computer,phone thing. But if it's possible to purchase made
In the USA that's where I stand.
I'm gonna check out Optrel I hear that they make a hood entirely in Switzerland !!

Again thanks
Cliff S.

Tight is tight& to tights broke?
danielbuck
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 pm

RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Miggin,
A different approach to "auto-darkening", but made in Georgia, I believe...
http://www.accustrike.com/
Check out the videos to better understand it.

It's a sure thing that anything with electronics in it will not be 100% American-made. I used to work for a domestic chip maker (I.e., we fab'd the chip in a US plant), and our parts were processed in 5 different countries before the final chip was ready for soldering onto a board. You'll find the same with the LCD displays used for auto-darkening - they might have an element that's US made, but the production facilities for making the LCD are elsewhere.

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
danielbuck

Richard is right, you'll be hard pressed to find any electronics actually made here in the US. It might be assembled here, but unlikely it's made here.
danielbuck

I too like to buy things made here in the US. And more specifically, local to me. Any parts that I can't make for my jeeps myself, I try to source locally. Wheels, driveshafts, steering and suspension components, and what not I've all managed to find made locally here in Socal. If I can't find anything local, then obviously you have to buy elsewhere.

Out of curiosity though, the original link posted does state that it's "made in the US", who knows if that means just the helmet itself, or if it also includes the electronics. Best way to find out would be to call them. You say that you talked with the Jackson techs, to what degree is the helmet made in the US? From what it sounds like, you have found that it is NOT made in the US?