General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Fri May 09, 2014 9:48 pm

So I got the viking 3350 weld helmet and am hoping that there is a way to use some hard hat adapters that use the slots in the new 3m hard hats. Has anyone tried to put different brands of adapters on the lincoln welding helmets? I have the type that is the ring that just sits on top of the hard hat ordered, but with our new hard hat we arent allowed to wear them backwards any longer so have issues with the brim of the hat hitting helmet when flipped down. Not sure if it will hit the viking helmet yet, but either way would like to get the slotted style that tend to push the helmet further forward to accomodate the use of a respirator.

Any tips, suggestions, or the like would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Ben

Just an FYI. I stopped and picked up a set of these at my local airgas on the way to work today. They worked great on my lincoln helmet with one very minor modification. Just had to file off a small molded tab to make the square that fits into the helmet shell itself so it would pop into the helmet. Holds the helmet up with no problems at all and got many compliments and questions about them today at work as well. Basically just make the square part square by removing the tiny molded protrusion from the left side on the grey peice. Took literaly 5 seconds with my 90deg die grinder and a sanding pad.

8hrs with it tonight and am already loving it way more the loop that sits over the hardhat since that allowed the helmet to spin on the hardhat causing it to be mis-aligned when wedging my big head into places it wasnt meant to fit.

Hope this helps someone else out there in the future!

Well a few days of using these at work and cant find any issues with them thus far. Only thing is our grinding shields still use the halo style hard hat mounts so the tabs on the hat side get in the way. Planning on grabbing another set to fit to my grinding shield for quicker switching between helmet and grind shields.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Do you have a picture of your helmet?
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

This helmet (not actually my helmet but a generic photo)

With these adapters.