General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I was checking Facebook tonight and found this link. After reading these I must say I salute you all :D . http://www.answers.com/article/1181946/ ... sde-imgspl
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Thats why you've never met an australian that was a sissy. They are all badasses. It's born and bred into them.

Probably has something to do with the fact that it was originally a prison colony. :p
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

.....spiders are not my friend......just saying. :) ;) :( :o :shock:
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
coldman
  • coldman

Our beer is cold and our BBQ's legendary. :D

And remember what doesn't kill you makes you fat...
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

My cousin visited Oz, and told me that, while passing customs, he was asked, "Do you have a criminal record?"

My cousin has the family smart-ass gene, and replied, "I didn't realize I still needed one to get in..."

Steve S
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

So do customs guys like the occasional " penal colony " joke - or is it getting old ? - so did your cousin look to customs like a drug smuggler & they insisted on a body cavity search ? - I'm guessing they have a similar sense of humor as the California highway patrol !
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

My cousin said he got the impression this wasn't the first time the agent had heard that one... but was very nice about it.

There's an old "blonde" joke about the girl who thought a penal colony was an all-male nudist colony...

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Wow, makes me want to visit! I am sure one would not normally meet 90% of those animals. The Stone Fish looks mean, hate to step on him.
-Jonathan
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

As much as id like to play along with the theme of that link, i beg to differ about some of the points.

The true "deadly" Australia is the tropical northern regions. Most of the animals mentioned on here are residents there, where they feast to their hearts content on backpackers.

However, the Shark brown snake and funnel web are likely yard mates of sotherners, well not the shark, they tend not to like backyards much, and if by chance you do find one in yours, just stay away from the sharp end untill it stops moving, then free flake for the whole street. :-)

Mick
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Well glad you cleared that one up for us - people could get the wrong impression of Australia - luckily we have educational programs here about your country like " Crocodile Dundee " - so we know what it's really like !

Kind of like the impression that you will get shot on every corner in the US. And that the UK is full of whingers that cant play cricket.....oh wait. :lol: I kid i kid.

Mick
kermdawg

weldin mike 27 wrote:Kind of like the impression that you will get shot on every corner in the US. And that the UK is full of whingers that cant play cricket.....oh wait. :lol: I kid i kid.

Mick
Uh, that part about the US is true :/ Depending on what city your in. Chicago, LA, New York, Atlanta, Boston...thats all true.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

kermdawg wrote:
weldin mike 27 wrote:Kind of like the impression that you will get shot on every corner in the US. And that the UK is full of whingers that cant play cricket.....oh wait. :lol: I kid i kid.

Mick
Uh, that part about the US is true :/ Depending on what city your in. Chicago, LA, New York, Atlanta, Boston...thats all true.
You forgot Detroit and Cleveland
-Jonathan
kermdawg

True. I also forgot Houston, the armpit of america.
    Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

kermdawg wrote:True. I also forgot Houston, the armpit of america.
Hey now...................
kermdawg

hehe I'm just kiddin. But I got told that by a guy FROM Houston to be fair.
    Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

kermdawg wrote:hehe I'm just kiddin. But I got told that by a guy FROM Houston to be fair.
That's alright, I grew up outside of Detroit........Houston is a BIG improvement!
kermdawg

TxBigRed wrote:
kermdawg wrote:hehe I'm just kiddin. But I got told that by a guy FROM Houston to be fair.
That's alright, I grew up outside of Detroit........Houston is a BIG improvement!
Ah yes...Detroit. My foreman is from Detroit. Still owns a couple slums over there I guess.

Only place in America you can buy a house for under a buck!

Ummmmm .....Frowny Face.

Mick
kermdawg

We had a few towns in Aus that offered houses for 1 dollar, but nothing on the scale or desperate situation of Detroit.

Conditions were you have to move there, stay for a minimum period, and join local sports clubs groups.
http://vimeo.com/74864322

Mick
coldman
  • coldman

Hey Mike,
Those dollar sites were for building blocks in country towns trying to attract people in. The deal was you had to start building a house within 12 months and then live in it. Win-win for town and first home buyers and young families etc I reckon.
coldman
  • coldman

By the way, my ridgeback died protecting me from a brown snake while hunting out west. One time a brown snake tried climbing up under my truck outside my shop in the city. He went for me when I told him to f off, I had to hold him down with a Street broom while I cut his head off.
In my gangely youth I used to dive alot and in that time I had 2 hair raising shark encounters. Seen so many sharks off the continental shelf fishing. I recon if your boat went down out there I would give you 20 minutes tops.
I was bitten by a redback when I was four in Sydney. Ended up in hospital. It was in the swing seat my dad made in the back yard.
It's safe if you use common sense, but what do you do about idiots standing knee deep in water fishing right next to a sign that says "danger crocodiles" or swimming in tropical beaches in summer unprotected?
Kaino
    Thu May 01, 2014 4:26 am

LOL yeah pretty much, depending on what part of the country your in.

Because I grew up out bush I got to mess around with many deadly things haha

My mates dad was bitten on the nuts while taking a crap by a red back spider (wasn't pretty but he lives), another spider they forgot to show was the "white tip" those things give you gang-green I think.

even the cuddly animals will F ur arse up and that's no lie hahaha.
watch out for those sheilas too there an endangered species ;)
Attachments
309928_413422535400750_839618015_n.jpg
309928_413422535400750_839618015_n.jpg (20.63 KiB) Viewed 815 times
bear grill.jpg
bear grill.jpg (8.91 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Kangaroo.jpg
Kangaroo.jpg (53.06 KiB) Viewed 815 times
MUM + DAD + BEER - CONDOM = ME