General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

GreinTime wrote:I can't believe not a single one of you commented on the fact that Antorcha said he was banging someone else's old lady lol. And I just got out of school where we finished learning about and setting up quick change sprint car/late model rear ends. This high-performance drive lines class this session is pretty cool and it feels awesome to be back in shop classes.

--Sam
As long as it aint MY old lady I could care less.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Now I know what Sam meant...

:lol:
Antorcha wrote:I'd post pics but it might piss of her hubby.
    Fri May 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Fixed crackerbox to hold the setting where I set the damn thing. involves angle iron and long clamp.

Finished rebuilding the undercarriage of my sulky--and finally got to play with _fixed_ amperages.

FILLED holes with tiny little rod at 35amps, so sweet (TIG fantasies).

Butt welded a 90* joint of two 45* angles in 2" square tubing--which was cut about 20 years ago for (amateur) antenna mounting project. Now it's a bed-extender support for my kayak, and likely to be made to take various accessories, like vise, fish-cleaning table, grill...etc.

Was nice to weld something square. That sulky was a beach to position.

Burning rod every day to get better...
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

We went to a auction yesterday that sells returned merchandise and overstock. My wife found a pallet that had a carpet cleaner on the top of the box and wanted it. I bought the whole 4' square box for $65 and later a 110volt pancake air compressor for $10. After tax and buyers premium I gave $82.92 for the lot. Well when we got back to her parents house (we are in Virginia on vacation) the carpet cleaner ended up being broke, however my air compressor works great. Once we started digging through the box I believe we got a deal and a half. There were 8 sump pumps and 5 work, one huge bean bag that the kids just love, 4 Craftsman show shovels, 2 humidifiers new in boxes, a new waffle maker that just had a handle broke, some kind of food blender, and a weed eater. The weed eater would not pull more than a few inches and it felt like there was something blocking the piston from moving. It also didn't have a spark plug or gas cap. I tore it apart and to my disbelief, the string sticks that you put in the head, one of them was jammed inside the motor housing. I have no idea how in the world it would have got in there. I put it back together and robbed a plug and it works like a champ.
We started looking up MSRP's on everything and the sump pumps are $150 ea alone so I think we got our money back. Anyone wanna buy a sump pump :lol:
After all this my wife is still bummed the sweeper does not work. Maybe I will buy her one with any profit I can get back from selling this stuff.
-Jonathan
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Nice!!!
I just came home from the auction barn thursday with a truck load of stuff, I spent 160 on all the stuff I bought, and have sold two item, and have half of my money back....

I should show you what I got.... 8-)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024