General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Sounds like a good Idea to me....

Is it approved??

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I just came in from sharpening all my tungsten and had a bowl of ice cream with my son. Now back out to TIG aluminum.
-Jonathan
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

I moved a bunch of left over sand from my pool install, will finish tomorrow hopefully if the body says its ok lol. Had help from my boys lol. Spent just as much time wheeling them around in the wheel barrow. Also drew up my frame jig design for my upcoming chopper/bobber build. Started cleaning the garage a bit to.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Oh baby I got a list-

1)Tacked a couple pieces of my bottle cart together.
2)Straightened out the flat piece of plate I had butt welded together and that distorted terribly as it cooled. Heated it up to 400 degrees in the BBQ and beat the crap outta it with a 3-1/2 lb cross peen hammer.
3)Went to 5 differant stores and still didn't find what I needed(some 1/2" expanded metal grating). BUT, I DID manage to buy 20 pounds of welding rod for 20 dollars at Ace Hardware on Clearance, new in the box! 10 pounds of 1/8" 7018(a differant brand I had never used before..figured, what the heck, why use the excaliburs when I got some cheap crap??), 5 pounds of 1/8" 7014(which I've never used before and am really curious to fire up) and 5 pounds of 1/16" 6013(whats 6013 used for again, isn't there a thread on that somewhere AK?) that I'm gonna use for a little bit of thin-gauge work.
4)Drank a crap ton of beer and went swimming.
5)Spent quality time with my son

That enough? It's only 1 pm lol.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

I'd post pics but it might piss of her hubby.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I got eight hours OT to be there for three hours of the X-ray truck.

My welds passed.

Drinking beer now, eating crawfish very soon.

Steve S
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Come to VT, you'll skip the swim. I think ice just went out on Joe's pond. A female hiker was injured falling on ice. I took off my long johns. Next weekend is Memorial day.
bass.warrior
    Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:26 am

Took the scoot in for it's 10000 mile service.
Cleaned up the shop a little.

You know I got looking on this one. I wonder if John meant welding wise and not general stuff when I looked at his Pics please. Sorry John
-Jonathan
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I took the dual tires off of my little tractor, then planted a few 'Honey Crisp' apple trees.
Attachments
1978 Case Tractor.jpg
1978 Case Tractor.jpg (88.01 KiB) Viewed 1137 times

Wow, there is nothing for miles.
-Jonathan
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Nothing for miles.
Last edited by WerkSpace on Thu May 22, 2014 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I converted an old cast iron bath tub into a water trough for the horses, disced the garden up, and built fence. I will try to get some pictures up of some welding tomorrow.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
forrestderp
    Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:51 am

I convinced this 1972 SA200 to follow me home.
Bought it from an 80yr old retired highway heavy former welder, who purchased it in 1974 and used it very little, I am pretty excited to add it to my collection of welders, and after this summer I am hoping to break out on my own with a well equipped rig truck.
-Sean
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey,

This thread is for anything you accomplish today.
Whether it be welding, or not.

I'll be putting farming stuff on too.

John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Well I weed eated most of the fence lines, built fence all day it seems like, planted potatoes, and did I mention that I built fence :roll: Another wonderful day on the old farm.
Matt
kermdawg

forrestderp wrote:I convinced this 1972 SA200 to follow me home.

Bought it from an 80yr old retired highway heavy former welder, who purchased it in 1974 and used it very little, I am pretty excited to add it to my collection of welders, and after this summer I am hoping to break out on my own with a well equipped rig truck.
-Sean
Wow what a find! Does it run good? How much ya pay for it?

I went to Church and talked to a good friend on the phone from Washington I have not seen in a good while. He is a AG teacher there and a good welder looking to change jobs. Trying to talk him into moving to Ohio.
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:I went to Church and talked to a good friend on the phone from Washington I have not seen in a good while. He is a AG teacher there and a good welder looking to change jobs. Trying to talk him into moving to Ohio.
-Jonathan
Imagine that, I am going to college to be an AG teacher and I am already looking to change careers! Leaning more and more toward welding every day.
Matt
forrestderp
    Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:51 am

kermdawg wrote:
forrestderp wrote:I convinced this 1972 SA200 to follow me home.

-Sean
Wow what a find! Does it run good? How much ya pay for it?
It runs really well, and burns rod! I paid $3200 for it, is that reasonable for a two owner low usage machine?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

forrestderp wrote: ...It runs really well, and burns rod! I paid $3200 for it, is that reasonable for a two owner low usage machine?
That's a really sweet deal, if it runs on gas. It's a steal if it's deisel.

Hell, already set up on a trailer, it's a steal either way. Those machines have the smoothest arc!

Steve S
kermdawg

3200 is a good deal if it has low hours on it. I've seen a bunch for the low 1k range but most of em are high hours and need a tune up or parts.

Did they make those in diesal back then? Diesal engines last forever that would be the steal of the year easy.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I can't believe not a single one of you commented on the fact that Antorcha said he was banging someone else's old lady lol. And I just got out of school where we finished learning about and setting up quick change sprint car/late model rear ends. This high-performance drive lines class this session is pretty cool and it feels awesome to be back in shop classes.

--Sam
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

GreinTime wrote:I can't believe not a single one of you commented on the fact that Antorcha said he was banging someone else's old lady lol. And I just got out of school where we finished learning about and setting up quick change sprint car/late model rear ends. This high-performance drive lines class this session is pretty cool and it feels awesome to be back in shop classes.

--Sam
Why take note of bad behavior?

Sounds like your shop class is excellent :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

We just vote done with 9" ford stuff yesterday. Tomorrow we test on rear ends and start working on Berts, Brinns, Jerico's lenco and GForce transmissions lol

--Sam
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-