General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Ok fess up, did you take the survey Jody asked you to take? I expect all active members to respond to this in the affirmative.
As a suggestion, I felt some of the questions should have been more broad or been able to select multiple answers. On the question of what the most common size material welded at work, I think the selection was to narrow. I weld anywhere from 22ga to whatever. Maybe Lincoln was just looking for exact answers. Also I would suggest the questions on AC balance and frequency be asked if you know how to adjust. I do not currently have machines at home or at the shop that have the settings the Dynasty had but I know how to use them. I think this would be a fairer approach. I only bring this us because it sounded like this would be asked of us again and maybe different questions could be asked. Just a few thoughts to chew on and my opinion.
Good job on the razor blades by the way Jody. I gave it a shot a while back wanting to start a thread on it, lets just say I will practice up for a while first.
-Jonathan
Edit; here is the link to Jody's video with the survey http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/tun ... -tips.html
Last edited by Superiorwelding on Wed May 28, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

I did. ;)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Of course.

Most ?'s aimed at commercial production.

Would like see more towards the one man Fab/repair person/shop.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
coldman
  • coldman

Yup.
I think Lincoln is priming us for a new machine, maybe one with filler diameter adjustment? :idea: Haven't seen that one before.
I'll bite. :D
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

coldman wrote:Yup.
I think Lincoln is priming us for a new machine, maybe one with filler diameter adjustment? :idea: Haven't seen that one before.
I'll bite. :D

Lincoln is putting "auto-set" on their tig welders.... :D
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Yes - I did the survey - ( if Jodie asks us for something we should all jump ! - not often we can give him something in return for all his efforts on our behalf ) - I too found the questions a bit odd & could'nt really put the answers I wanted in their options - only one thickness & material available was dumb - most of us I'm sure do more varied work than that .

Maybe they are testing the water for a completely auto machine - kinda like synergic Mig sets - you don't have direct control of welding parameters - you set material type / thickness / wire size / type & the machine is meant to figure out the settings - not sure how I feel about that - I prefer to make my own decisions - but I'd be interested to try one just to see what it's like.
Drifta-X
    Mon May 26, 2014 2:53 am

I did.
Allthough being a novice, most questions didn't apply to me
I have a soldering iron!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I missed it.

Must have linked it on a video I skipped?

Clue me in, please (while I look on my own)...

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks, Jonathan!
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Thank god otto asked that I was feeling like a dumbA$$ myself. I'm like."what survey?!?!"
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?

My guess is they're not expecting an "overwhelming" response. Seemed like a lot of "essay questions" vs. "multiple-choice".

Steve S
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I took it, probably confused them with Aussie answers. Lol

Mick

I TOOK THE SURVEY.........WELL PUT IT BACK:-)