General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:36 am

I'm wondering if anyone has this module installed on there engine driven welder? My classis 300D only puts out CC. This will make it run on CV as well. Has anyone installed this? How easy was it? Does it run well? Anyone selling one?
Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401402368.738711.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401402368.738711.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 577 times
nickn372
    Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am

Where are you from? There is a guy here in Ohio that I take all my welder stuff to that could give you some other insight on these add on CV units. If he hasn't seen it very few people have. I can tell you they take some time to install and are pretty much permanent. If you want I can pm you his phone number.
Be the monkey....

Right now I'm in Australia. Funny thing nickn372 you were commenting on my spool gun post. This is where it has brought me. This seems to be the only option for my welder to run on CV

nickn372

Yep and you are right. It is your only option. I actually sold my SA200 because of this handicap. I do a lot of repair welding and I have to move between mig tig and stick quickly. The SA was OK when I didn't need to run aluminum but then when I would its switching welders out not just attachments. What do you do over there? Are you in pipe or repair or construction or....?
Be the monkey....

If I do get this installed it will be quick to change between those three right? I am mobile and don't have limits to what I do, so basically anything that is needed.
If you could give me that guys name and email that would be great. I could then ask him about this option.

nickn372

So you have a similar business to mine. I just got done building barstools to ship to California and welding on a bridge for the county road crew. Next is an aluminum trailer then hard facing and auger. Lol. I will get his email rounded up and pm it to you in a few days.
Be the monkey....