General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Who else has tried this one?

I've been quite pleased with it so far...
GEDC1318.JPG
GEDC1318.JPG (171.88 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
The broad surface (I have two fingers in it) makes a stable prop on flat(ish) surfaces. There are probably 14 passes in the weld shown at this point, and I paused to cool only to protect the metal, not my fingers.

Steve S
coldman
  • coldman

I have a couple on order. I'll let you know after they get here. Should be good for my "Lurch" fingers.
mully
    Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:44 am

I bought the XL and have only used for a mig project and works great…. i think this is very innovative. I am a new be welder so I need all the help i can get.
coldman
  • coldman

I was getting by fine with the standard tig finger, but when you're going flat out at high amps it helps to have a heavier welding glove or gauntlet on your torch hand to prevent the rest of your hand from smokin. The standard tig finger does not fit over my gauntlets, but the Tig Finger XL does. Perfect!!!

No more restarts to let your hand cool off!
Not necessary to have any special foil backed gloves etc.

Excellent!

I hadn't thought about it fitting over serious heavy gloves... And I've been washing out welds with the plasma cutter, which COOKS gloves...

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Well I did alot of alum tig today and was kicking myself for not ordering a XL yet. I think I will love being able to slip two fingers in and keep from getting burned. Guess I will have to get one on the way!
-Jonathan
coldman
  • coldman

I wish I was able to do that...

coldman wrote:I wish I was able to do that...
What order a Tig Finger XL? It's easy, just give him your credit card number and it will be on the way. :lol: :lol:
-Jonathan
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Okay, I'm convinced, just bought one of each :D Jody, keep the video rolling!
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150

Jody,
I did it, ordered a Tig Finger XL. Cant wait to give it a try and review!
-Jonathan
coldman
  • coldman

Superiorwelding wrote:
coldman wrote:I wish I was able to do that...
What order a Tig Finger XL? It's easy, just give him your credit card number and it will be on the way. :lol: :lol:
-Jonathan
XL.jpg
XL.jpg (71.03 KiB) Viewed 993 times
Can't get it on further than this :roll:

Ah, I get it...

The XL will fit two fingers just fine on lighter gloves, as seen in my original post, which I guess is what you meant by, "I wish I could do that."

Steve S
mully
    Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:44 am

This is a very innovative product ....... I have used it for mig only but sure works well. Great price, everyone should have one!
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

TIG fingers arrived today! :D ... Not sure about getting two fingers in the XL until it loosens-up a bit... sorta tight on two fingers w/o gloves... The standard TIG finger was very stiff, took a bit of work to soften enough to get a finger in it.

Gotta get some projects underway to try them!!!
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150

It made it yesterday! Got to try it out for literally 1 weld. Can't wait to put some finger time in it and let everyone know how I like it. One of my other Tig Fingers has seen better days but is still going strong!
-Jonathan
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (103.97 KiB) Viewed 943 times
    Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Got the original tig finger and the XL showed up today. Can't wait to give it a try. :D
Bomp aka Greg

GlenC wrote:TIG fingers arrived today! :D ... Not sure about getting two fingers in the XL until it loosens-up a bit... sorta tight on two fingers w/o gloves... The standard TIG finger was very stiff, took a bit of work to soften enough to get a finger in it.

Gotta get some projects underway to try them!!!
If you can't get two bare fingers in the XL, you either have huge hands (I stretch XL gloves), or you were shipped the wrong thing. I've posted pictures of my gloved hand with two fingers in, and my suggestion to Jody was to have a friction-tape liner to keep it from slipping off.

Steve S