General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I would like to throw out an idea of a meet and greet at the Fabtech 2014 show. This is just a preliminary suggestion as I don't have specific details. I am planning on attending the show if all works out. So, what does everyone think? This would be a great opportunity to put a face behind the screen name and hopefully meet Jody.

Here is some information on where it is and the website.

Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
(404) 223-4000

http://www.fabtechexpo.com/
-Jonathan
Dblcorona
    Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:30 pm

I'm fairly new here but I am probably going. Depends on the funds available from school.
Mongol
    Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:56 pm

I'd love to go, but it's a way off, so there's no telling.

There must be a way to write it off as a work expense. :idea:
forrestderp
    Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:51 am

I am planning on going! sounds like a great idea.

I just received confirmation that I will be attending FABTECH. We already booked hotels and registered so unless something unforeseen happens, I will be there. I am still up for meeting up with anyone who is a member of this forum. I am not exactly sure what I will be doing, as I have never been before, but will be there for all three days.

Anyone wanting to meet up as a individual or group, please send me a pm of give me a call on my cell (and I give permission to leave it on here) 330.749.6423.

I know there is still some time until it is here but it is better to have a plan than not. Hope to see some of the faces behind the screen names soon!!
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm not yet in a position with my company to sell a visit to Fabtech, unfortunately.

I'd sure love to go, but there's not likely to be some new tech that will improve efficiency at my current job, so it's a "no sell" for my company.

We really have developed what I do to a point that has very little room for improvement in efficiency.

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:I'm not yet in a position with my company to sell a visit to Fabtech, unfortunately.

I'd sure love to go, but there's not likely to be some new tech that will improve efficiency at my current job, so it's a "no sell" for my company.

We really have developed what I do to a point that has very little room for improvement in efficiency.

Steve S
Steve,
I am not sure I completely agree that there is nothing there that could benefit or improve efficiency for your company. I can think of a host of excuses...I mean reasons to go. You can demo the latest gloves that will last longer than current ones used, therefore saving the company money. There are gloves that keep your hands safer, again saving the company money on premiums. You can view/demo new machines/technologies that can improve your weld quality and efficiency. Machines that can save on power consumption. Maybe new fillers that will help in your welds. There might be new leak detection devices there, purging equipment that will save time and gas use, new tungsten electrodes that last longer and who can forget the slew of PPE that can benefit everyone in your plant.

I am sure I could go on and on.

Ok, so maybe I am grasping, I would ask anyway.
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:...Ok, so maybe I am grasping, I would ask anyway.
-Jonathan
A year ago, before we were bought by a shareholder corporation, I might have sold it.

To sell it to our new masters, I'd have to be in a senior management position. I'm still a peon, in their eyes, even though they can't replace me without expecting a 5-year learning curve in the new guy.

I'd love to go, but it's not going to happen this year.

Steve S
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:[...To sell it to our new masters, I'd have to be in a senior management position.
Steve S
Oh come on Steve, don't give up so easily. Go to your management team and use that "Gift of Gab" on them you possess. We all know you can pull it off. ;)
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

forrestderp

I am still planning on being there! and the boss man mentioned he may be willing to help alleviate some of my costs!
-sean
Adam's Got Skills
    Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:32 pm

That would be so cool! Last year my boss went to fabtech an told me that he'd take me then all the sudden I didn't get to go. Which sucked!!! I shouldn't have even got my hopes up cuz I know I was a pee on!!! Lol! I mean to be honest I thought the only reason he offered was cuz I was the only one in the company that was never late...Oh well. Idk if I can but I'd like too!
forrestderp

Where are you guys planning on staying as far as hotels? I am debating on driving down or just flying in.

On the way to FABTECH 2014!!!! I am so excited!!! I can't wait to see all the latest and greatest welding technologies. I plan on posting as many pictures here as I can (new thread though) and any videos on my YouTube channel. I will also post on the forum Facebook page for those who are members there. If anyone from the forum is going and wants to meet up just give me a call. Hope to see you there!
-Jonathan