General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Crystallattice
    Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a secondhand Lincoln SP140-I with a magnum 100L gun. The problem is the liner in the gun is not original and I can't seem to find one locally. I did however find a Binzel liner but the end piece does not fit in the gun connector. A supposed replacement liner found online has dimensions but these won't all fit as well.

According to the Binzel catalogue I have a Lincoln 10 connector, or at least mine looks the same. The problem is the liner end piece is about 1/4" thick where my connector has a 6mm or there about hole. Also the recess might not be deep enough such that if I drilled the hole bigger, the big part of the end piece will not go in deep enough in the recess as the connector and the wire feed connector hole does not allow room for the "extra" length.

I hope this makes sense. I have a lathe and can make things work as I see "fit" but I would like to make it to some standard and not budge it up as a quick fix. The previous owner modded the liner to suit the machine but it did not quite work.

Can someone point me to dimensions of the Lincoln 10 connector if it is standard or as I'm guessing now, the hole is custom for the brand of liner used...???

Thanks in advance
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Welcome to the forum! Can you post up pictures for our members to see, as this might help out better.
-Jonah
Crystallattice

I'm doing all of this from my phone so please bear with me...

The detailed picture on this site is the same as the liner I bought: http://www.bobthewelder.com.au/product. ... 677&page=1

My gun-machine connector looks like the bottom one in this picture http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231 ... G_2934.jpg

Looking at this picture myself it would seem as if the liner end piece can protrude a bit, so I might only have to enlarge the hole?? Any help still welcome
Crystallattice

Some dimensions with a better vernier:

Connector hole for liner end piece: 5.7mm
Liner end piece diameter: 7mm

Connector Recess diameter: 8.75mm
End piece big diameter: 8mm
Other Binzel liner I have is 9mm??

Connector recess depth: 2mm
End piece shoulder width: 3mm + 2mm for o-ring
Crystallattice

Just a quick update.

I've made a test and found that the gun connector went in too deep so there was some room on the end. I measured this and used it as a starting point and made a new end piece for the liner, took the existing one off and epoxied mine on. It seems to work fine or at least as well as I can see with my inexperience. Now just to find a local supplier...

PS. Thanks for the warm welcome superiorwelding!