General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Antorcha wrote:Senior TEEG is like watching the Pillsbury Doughboy while on acid :lol:
Difference is I can TIG better while ON acid :roll: :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy_9r71dMmg
Ohhh, that's an interesting idea.

I've done many tasks while under the influence of LSD, but TIG welding is not one of them.

I don't think I'll be trying that one anytime soon.

I did see a study of spiders weaving webs... The ones on LSD wove "Obsessive" precise webs, while the ones on Mescaline made random messes of threads...

Steve S
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

There is no defense of Mr. TIG if you watch his videos.
Multimatic 255
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Louie1961 wrote:There is no defense of Mr. TIG if you watch his videos.

I'm with you Louie....

I watched the smoker build too.... :? :shock:

Lets not discuss it here... WW everybody is with us on it... :D
To many "Prominent" members here defend him :roll:
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

AKweldshop wrote: Lets not discuss it here... WW everybody is with us on it... :D
John,
Don't be afraid to single me out there. I am not afraid to share my opinion on the matter.
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:
AKweldshop wrote: Lets not discuss it here... WW everybody is with us on it... :D
John,
Don't be afraid to single me out there. I am not afraid to share my opinion on the matter.
-Jonathan
There is no defense.

Bottom line....
You watch the video's along with the rest of us.

No way is he a "world renowned tig expert"....

BTW,
He can't weld pipe.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

AKweldshop wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:
John,
-Jonathan
There is no defense.

Bottom line....

BTW,
He can't weld pipe.
John,
I typed out a whole paragraph in response, however upon reading it I felt it not wise to post. Lets leave this alone. Please.
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:
John,
-Jonathan
There is no defense.

Bottom line....

BTW,
He can't weld pipe.
John,
I typed out a whole paragraph in response, however upon reading it I felt it not wise to post. Lets leave this alone. Please.
-Jonathan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed.....
I had two paragraphs typed up,but thought I might lose a friend or two over it....

Just watch the guy that has that show called weldingtipsandtricks. :arrow: :idea: :!:

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I don't see how you can even argue that he is not a world renowned TIG expert. He is frequently called upon by Lincoln Electric when a new weldable alloy comes to light to figure out how and what process to weld it with. He also is invited to weld every single year at the Indiana Oxygen Garage during the Indy 500, something which only the best of the best in motorsports welding get invited to do. Additionally, Jody references to him as Mr. TIG in his article from way back about welding 4130 CrMo. Finally, when you hear from two nationally renowned chassis and suspension builders about a friend of theirs that lays a bead that looks like its machine welded... every single time... you would have to give the man credit where credit is due. I don't see any of us being nationally recognized for being able to weld... except Steve maybe.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Fri May 16, 2014 8:34 pm

I never said/implied he can't fuse metal as well as many TIG weldors I know personally.

But that I'm tired of being addressed (as a viewer) as if I've never seen a TIG capable power source and have never melted metals before.

Jody never does that. He just welds and talks us through it. Very watchable. Not many welding "channels" achieve that great balance.

Many of us do know which end of the electrode to clamp into the stinger, and which way the acetylene fittings tighten, and the difference between pressure and flow regulation, even more...

That is all I'll say.
GreinTime

That statement I can agree with. Out of all of the shit I've seen slung about the guy, yours is the first sensible reason as to why. I just don't agree with the fact that everybody discredits him because he makes elementary videos.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

GreinTime wrote:I don't see any of us being nationally recognized for being able to weld... except Steve maybe.
Maybe not Nationaly recognized but at the very least forum/Facebook recognized. I get to talk to a few privately and all have had nothing but praise and awe for Steve.
-Jonathan

My problem with Mr. TIG is that he just can't weld. His TIG welds look like Fido's butt to use a Jody phrase. He doesn't clean his metal before welding and he welds over mill scale. I have seen it with my own eyes. He also says its OK to weld over porosity. I am not sure how he has became "nationally recognized" but if you look at the quality of the welds he does on video, most anyone here can do better. even me, and I am a self taught hack.
Multimatic 255

Louie1961 wrote:My problem with Mr. TIG is that he just can't weld. His TIG welds look like Fido's butt to use a Jody phrase. He doesn't clean his metal before welding and he welds over mill scale. I have seen it with my own eyes. He also says its OK to weld over porosity. I am not sure how he has became "nationally recognized" but if you look at the quality of the welds he does on video, most anyone here can do better. even me, and I am a self taught hack.

Yep..... :idea:

Gentleman who defend Mr. Tig, have you watched a lot of his video's?

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

I see sooo much potential there... studio set, lighting, multiple cameras, audio, and an awesome domain name. Truly, they could be producing the "New Yankee Workshop" of welding with their investment, so it's a shame it hasn't been developed into more.

I think they've done some very interesting segments on things like back purge plates, purge tents for titanium welding, etc., but someone hit it on the head with the elementary teaching style. In contrast, Jody's style is more down-home, like "You probably know something about welding - I'm just showing you a new process / technique / tool", then gets right into meaty content. (And it's only natural that the folks hanging out on Jody's site like his style better.)

But really... their branding of Wyatt, while probably a well-intentioned attempt at "levity", instead sets the bar impossibly high and invites a lot of criticism that detracts badly from their program. I gave them my two cents early-on, but I'm just a random voice on the Internet.
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
GreinTime

John,

I've seen photo weld samples of his first hand, taken by one of my friends/ instructors that welded alongside him at the Indy 500. Personally, I could care less if the dude can weld on camera and make a good video.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

To each his own I guess. If you like Mr. TIG, then by all means, enjoy. To quote that famous internet meme: "ain't nobody got no time for that!!". My new welder arrives today!
Multimatic 255
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

For a group that claims to be the friendliest welding site, we sure let our claws show through when it comes to Wyatt Swaim. There's no set number of sites that can promote welding, so he's not keeping anybody else from getting their videos out. If you can make better videos and pump them out for free, have at it, I'll watch them.

We would never think of putting down one of the new members pictures of their welds, so why do we do it to a guy that doesn't put us down for what we post here. I've seen plenty of wrong and tons of misinformered answers given here and we don't slam the poster. I've seen pictures from some of the people who are the most critical of him posted here that didn't really impress me. Should that stop them from helping somebody with less talent than them get better?

I'm not sure what keeps leading us down this road, but it's always going to be the wrong road.

In the words of Forrest Gump, "and that's all I got to say about that".

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Braehill wrote:For a group that claims to be the friendliest welding site, we sure let our claws show through when it comes to Wyatt Swaim. There's no set number of sites that can promote welding, so he's not keeping anybody else from getting their videos out. If you can make better videos and pump them out for free, have at it, I'll watch them.

We would never think of putting down one of the new members pictures of their welds, so why do we do it to a guy that doesn't put us down for what we post here. I've seen plenty of wrong and tons of misinformered answers given here and we don't slam the poster. I've seen pictures from some of the people who are the most critical of him posted here that didn't really impress me. Should that stop them from helping somebody with less talent than them get better?

I'm not sure what keeps leading us down this road, but it's always going to be the wrong road.

Len
Len,
I cant agree more. I will apologize right now for this and take full responsibility. I think it best that we drop this subject and when brought up again, do what we can to squash it.
End.
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:
Braehill wrote:For a group that claims to be the friendliest welding site, we sure let our claws show through when it comes to Wyatt Swaim. There's no set number of sites that can promote welding, so he's not keeping anybody else from getting their videos out. If you can make better videos and pump them out for free, have at it, I'll watch them.

Len
Len,
I cant agree more. I will apologize right now for this and take full responsibility. I think it best that we drop this subject and when brought up again, do what we can to squash it.
End.
-Jonathan

Over and out..... :arrow: :o

~John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

That's a good ending, everyone in agreement to let it be. Perhaps a lesson in it, in Len's appropriate scolding.

I've locked the topic, so it will slowly die the death of all inactive topics, and never rear it's ugly head again.

Steve S