General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

TOOLS EXPLAINED:

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. It will also remove fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, "Oh ****"

ELECTRIC HAND DRILL: Normally used for spinning pop rivets in their holes until they melt.

SKILL SAW: A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short to use in your remodeling job.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race.

TABLE SAW: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW: A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER: A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

UTILITY KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

****-IT TOOL: Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMM-IT" at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need to finish your current project.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

*Disclaimer: These are hilarious, but should be taken with a grain of salt to the uninitiated*

Me and my technician sat here laughing as I read these out loud!
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Awesome!!!!!
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:49 pm

There are times when everyone of the are true!!!!!!!!!
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Bookmarked. I'll do the Spanish translation(not google) and post back when I'm half sober.
The boneheads at the hardwares here are gonna die.:mrgreen:
danielbuck
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 pm

haha! I think I can think of a few more, maybe we should add to this list :lol:

STICK WELDER: a device for testing your circuit breaker

MIG WELDER: a tool for gluing metal together and honing your angle grinder skills

TIG WELDER: an expensive tool for bending and blowing holes in metal and honing your hot glove throwing skills

PORTABLE DRILL: a tool for testing the strength of your arms and wrists and honing your round file skills to put the hole where you intended to drill it in the first place.

CALIPERS: a tool for marking metal :lol:

MEASURING TAPE: a tool for honing your "measure once cut twice" skills
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

SOAPSTONE: a chalk impersonator that is great for marking on metal, particularly 1/4" past where you want to mark. It is often used as a precursor to the ****-IT TOOL

Love this, I about died laughing at these!
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

CENTER PUNCH:
A tool for making a random circle of divots around the mark you wish to drill..
Drifta-X
    Mon May 26, 2014 2:53 am

I thought a power hand drill was designed to inform the user that long hair is no longer in fasion, and to help u remove it.
I have a soldering iron!
Sprockmonster
    Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:59 pm

WRENCH: Another tool to circlify once hexogonal bolt heads because the correct size, no matter what size it is, had been previously used as a ****-IT TOOL and lost somewhere under something.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

These are hilarious. And at times very accurate :lol:

I have one more:

CREEPER: a tiny bed on wheels. Most often used for napping under vehicles. Particularly after lunch on taco Tuesdays.
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid