General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

What are some of the weirdest things you all have welded? I will start, I had someone send me a picture and ask if I could make it for them. I was ask to make a cowboy riding a horse made out of horseshoes, but when you looked closer it was actually a topless cowgirl riding a horse, with detail. :o I say that was the weirdest thing I had to weld. How bout the rest of you.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
danielbuck
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 pm

last weekend I welded a few pieces of angle iron to an old wheel chair, my neighbor is using it to wheel his BBQ smoker around. Looks a bit strange, but it works quite nicely! :mrgreen:

He gave me some smoked hard boiled eggs to try, they taste quite good! :)
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

I once welded the inside of a cracked steering clutch housing on an old D9 Cat. I had to put a tow strap around my ankles and hang upside down from my service crane to get at it. Air arced and welded in the crack with 8018. The old timers at my work always recommended 8018 over 7018 for repairs on caterpillar equipment. Not sure why. Hanging upside down sure gives one a headache. Worse than a hangover :lol:
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid