General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

When I was younger working in the cold bundled up in Carhartt's etc. I would burn myself up every now and then, over time I came to recognize the smell of things that were not supposed to be burning. When I smell it, I stop and look.
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

You're on the right track IMO, researching other peoples setups.
I would go to a leather worker and have a a suitably sized apron custom made to your leg size and chair clearance requirements, easy to fit/remove and gives total protection from sparks, slag etc. Gotta be better for you than "anyone smell smoke?"
Shop setup, you by now know what you need, heights and spacing etc, they are usually a work in progress until you're happy with the setup, you know how it goes.
Cheers
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

My shop is in a constant state of evolution. I'm not sure I'll ever be completely satisfied with it. I love seeing how other folks organize theirs. I'm not quite the polar opposite of a neat freak, so anything that helps keep things neat and organized is of great help to me. When I had my service truck, everything had a specific place and it was great. I haven't gotten to that point yet in my shop.
Cheers
-EB
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I recently bought some leather stuff from a shop in London. Through etsy. Kingsley Leather. High end hand crafted and hand stitched. I paid a lot just for a billfold, but based on the quality of workmanship I got it will last a lifetime. Even though he's halfway around the world from me I'm thinking I might see if he'll make me a heavy duty apron.
I have more questions than answers

Josh