General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

Hey Jodi,
You need to do something quick about this Idiot taking up 6 pages of the forum. Thanks
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

HELP
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator

just spent the last 3 hours of my life deleting posts from some scumbag spammer.

I have hired a coach to help me with the spam problem and will be trying to recruit moderators.
ogorir
    Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

jody, I don't know how many applicants you get for the forum, but a good way to reduce spammers is to set up the forum so you or another moderator have to approve every applicant. it's generally pretty easy to tell who's legit and who's not. obviously, if you're getting 100+ new users a day, that's not a possibility.

also, using a more robust captcha like recaptcha ( http://www.google.com/recaptcha ) will deter almost all bots. you should be able to set it up so you have to fill in a captcha whenever you post or when you login. that starts getting on legit user's nerves, but i think everyone who frequents the forum would be glad to see spam go away for good.

good luck!