General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
drummerwelder856
    Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:55 pm

GreinTime wrote:So let's do some math here. 20 an hour, we'll say 60 hours a week (5 12s). Your wage is 800 plus 600 in overtime. That's 1400 before taxes. A year, that's 72800 before taxes. Figure 20-25% depending how you claim, your at 54 or so. Take away the overtime, you're at $42k a year, and roughly 30 after taxes.
yea thats wit it looks like, so the union has to get better in telling ppl what they will make.. but i guess thats there way of trying to get the best welding in there unions... but ill definitely be asking him some questions on friday... just to see what comes out his month i shut record him lol!!!
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

drummerwelder856 wrote:
GreinTime wrote:So let's do some math here. 20 an hour, we'll say 60 hours a week (5 12s). Your wage is 800 plus 600 in overtime. That's 1400 before taxes. A year, that's 72800 before taxes. Figure 20-25% depending how you claim, your at 54 or so. Take away the overtime, you're at $42k a year, and roughly 30 after taxes.
yea thats wit it looks like, so the union has to get better in telling ppl what they will make.. but i guess thats there way of trying to get the best welding in there unions... but ill definitely be asking him some questions on friday... just to see what comes out his month i shut record him lol!!!
I would advise agains that :lol: The best of luck to you for sure.
-Jonathan
drummerwelder856

Superiorwelding wrote:
drummerwelder856 wrote:
I would advise agains that :lol: The best of luck to you for sure.
-Jonathan
lol i wouldn't really do that lol... but hopefully they just put everything in perspective for me!!!
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Go with the UA union job, and here is why ....
With the union card you can work non union, it doesn't work the other way around
With the union card you can travel to any other locals that are hiring
Unions often offer extra training (such as CWI) and multi process training for free
Union benefit packages are typically better - now ... one company might offer a better package, but that is one company

I am in a union, but I am not necessarily a big union fan.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Drummer,
How did your meeting go?
-Jonathan
drummerwelder856

Boomer63 wrote:Go with the UA union job, and here is why ....
With the union card you can work non union, it doesn't work the other way around
With the union card you can travel to any other locals that are hiring
Unions often offer extra training (such as CWI) and multi process training for free
Union benefit packages are typically better - now ... one company might offer a better package, but that is one company

I am in a union, but I am not necessarily a big union fan.

thanks for the info!!