General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

AndersK wrote:How come there's a Danish flag on that hood?
Because I am Danish ;)

Moved to the US a couple of years ago.

Nail, Sure is, I started welding when I was 17, 3 years ago :lol:

Hopefully in 20 years, I will be welding as good as some of the guys here. :)
if there's a welder, there's a way
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Small world isn't it
So you moved away from long dark cold winters for sunny Florida, you fool :mrgreen: ;)

AndersK wrote:Small world isn't it
So you moved away from long dark cold winters for sunny Florida, you fool :mrgreen: ;)
I know, I had the same thought when I saw you were the neighbor :lol:

Got a Danish co worker over here who ordered danish stickers for some reason and he gave me one, just happened to fit perfectly on my hood :lol:

Ya know, I really miss the danish weather, I can't imagine what its like to weld in freezing weather but I can imagine it being better than welding in a hot shower :lol:
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Florida is nice but the summers are brutal. Even where I am at it sometimes gets too hot to work in the shop.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

exnailpounder wrote:Florida is nice but the summers are brutal. Even where I am at it sometimes gets too hot to work in the shop.
OH man,

ITs gross, I am lucky to work in an air conditioned building. :lol:

Had to weld a bunch of aluminum at one of our buildings with no A/C, in the summer..... I was drenched in sweat.

Horrible.....
exnailpounder

Olivero wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:Florida is nice but the summers are brutal. Even where I am at it sometimes gets too hot to work in the shop.
OH man,

Had to weld a bunch of aluminum at one of our buildings with no A/C, in the summer..... I was drenched in sweat.

Horrible.....
You are lucky to have air...nothing like sweating like a pig and having damp gloves and getting zapped when you hit the pedal. There has got to be a better way to make a living :lol: but I still love what I do.

exnailpounder wrote:
Olivero wrote:
OH man,

Horrible.....
You are lucky to have air...nothing like sweating like a pig and having damp gloves and getting zapped when you hit the pedal. There has got to be a better way to make a living :lol: but I still love what I do.

Haha, I feel you there! Had to do a floor inside a fridge, welding aluminum diamond plate Tigged the whole thing, was sweating since the cold air was off and it just got toastier and toastier, started sweating and getting zapped through my knees :lol:

Its funny what we put ourselves through and yet, stick to the bussiness. Something magical about it, hard to put your finger on it.

Like today, handed over a custom made surprise cart to a customer, him being the baker, his boss asked me to make him a cart for his bread slicer as it would shake the table it was on really bad. Made it it all out of stainless, really nice and she tied a bow on it and rolled it over to him today. Love to see the smile on people's face when you solve a problem for them.

That's probably why we are still in the bussiness :lol:

Oh, and because welding is badass, that's definetley a plus point.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I got bored and went through the whole thing and holy hell. I could stop laughing. So read it and maybe post if you want
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding wrote:I got bored and went through the whole thing and holy hell. I could stop laughing. So read it and maybe post if you want
We didn't call this "The Rogues' Gallery" because the name sounded stylish...

:lol:

Steve S
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Here in sunny Arizona it's more of a dry heat lol, that is until ya spend the day welding new fins in a mixer drum. Definitely get some sweating action going on then. Someday maybe I'll get the chance to visit some of these other states and see what all the fuss is about.
Cheers
-EB
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Farmwelding wrote:I got bored and went through the whole thing and holy hell. I could stop laughing. So read it and maybe post if you want
You ain't beautiful either.

God gave to each of us just what he was willing, September 13 1956 he must have been in a bad mood. Maybe genetics played a part in my appearance. Father's mother was the 2nd ugliest woman on the planet. She had an identical twin so contorted by pain she was worse. My mother was #3. All that considered I'm devastatingly handsome, or at least better than expected.

God be with us all.

Willie
Farmwelding

Bill Beauregard wrote:
You ain't beautiful either.

God gave to each of us just what he was willing, September 13 1956 he must have been in a bad mood. Maybe genetics played a part in my appearance. Father's mother was the 2nd ugliest woman on the planet. She had an identical twin so contorted by pain she was worse. My mother was #3. All that considered I'm devastatingly handsome, or at least better than expected.

God be with us all.

Willie
Oh... I wasn't judging the looks I was just commenting on the conversation. You get about half way through and they start talking about dinosaurs and other weird crap. Hell I don't care what you look like. You can't change that and why should you. If someone can't accept they way you look, screw them. Sorry I hope that clears that up. I only care about your attitude and personality. That's why I don't like people. I can't stand their attitude or personality. And most on here I can get along with since we all have a work ethic and an attitude that gets the job done.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

I'm new here but I will say working near the gulf of Mexico has its benefits. Lol. 27 inch redfin being one.Image

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Warrenh wrote:I'm new here but I will say working near the gulf of Mexico has its benefits. Lol. 27 inch redfin being one.Image

Hey Warrenh, welcome aboard.
Richard
Website
Warrenh

LtBadd wrote:
Warrenh wrote:I'm new here but I will say working near the gulf of Mexico has its benefits. Lol. 27 inch redfin being one.Image

Thanks.

Warrenh wrote:I'm new here but I will say working near the gulf of Mexico has its benefits. Lol. 27 inch redfin being one

So, where yat?

I'm between Goodbee and Madisonville, in LA.

Welcome on!

Steve
Warrenh

LtBadd wrote:

Thanks.

Warrenh

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Warrenh wrote:I'm new here but I will say working near the gulf of Mexico has its benefits. Lol. 27 inch redfin being one

So, where yat?

Welcome on!

Steve
Port st joe.

Warrenh wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:

So, where yat?

Welcome on!

Steve
Port st joe.

You're not all that far from me, then. Not that it matters, but I'm big into the "small world" idea, that we're all closer than we know.

Steve
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Steve, do you buy into the 6 degrees of separation theory? Where everyone in the world knows everyone else through no more than 6 people?? Also see 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. Where everyone who has ever been in a film can be linked to Kevin in 6 moves or less.
exnailpounder

weldin mike 27 wrote:Steve, do you buy into the 6 degrees of separation theory? Where everyone in the world knows everyone else through no more than 6 people?? Also see 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. Where everyone who has ever been in a film can be linked to Kevin in 6 moves or less.
Heck..Steve told me his sister lives the next town over from me. It's a very small world.
Warrenh

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Warrenh wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote: So, where yat?

Welcome on!

Steve
Port st joe.

You're not all that far from me, then. Not that it matters, but I'm big into the "small world" idea, that we're all closer than we know.

Steve
Not far at all.

Farmwelding

exnailpounder wrote:
weldin mike 27 wrote:Steve, do you buy into the 6 degrees of separation theory? Where everyone in the world knows everyone else through no more than 6 people?? Also see 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. Where everyone who has ever been in a film can be linked to Kevin in 6 moves or less.
Heck..Steve told me his sister lives the next town over from me. It's a very small world.
Yeah and he said his brother lives about 15 min from me. Maybe it's just Steve who has people everywhere :lol:

Who doesn't have family or a buddy somewhere else though.
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Here’s an old post line the new guys might like.
image.jpg
image.jpg (42.99 KiB) Viewed 2477 times
I have more questions than answers

Josh