General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Close though. :o :twisted: 8-) :lol:
-Jonathan........... ooouuuch !!!!!! I wish I still gt ID'd..By someone other than.. the coroner..LOL
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

WerkSpace,

I can see how that "Sonny Bono" look in the first picture would frighten the trick-or-treaters....

The second picture is right out of "Living Dead--The Game", so a natural for today's kiddies.

;)

Steve S

AKweldshop wrote:Well,
I suppose it's time for me to add my mug to the line-up.
And before Sam discredits me because I use fixed shade lens in fibre-metal helmets, I'm sure he'll like to know I'm making the transition..... :lol: ;) :) :D

IMG_2675.JPG
Don't let 'em get you...

I KNOW what it looks like when a bad torch start shaves your head for you, and you're waiting for it to grow back...
8-)

Seriously, I was getting carded for cigarettes and beer until I was 40 or better. My brother, OTOH, was buying beer for his buddies when he was 14.

Steve S
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:Well,
I suppose it's time for me to add my mug to the line-up.
And before Sam discredits me because I use fixed shade lens in fibre-metal helmets, I'm sure he'll like to know I'm making the transition..... :lol: ;) :) :D

The attachment IMG_2675.JPG is no longer available
Don't let 'em get you...

I KNOW what it looks like when a bad torch start shaves your head for you, and you're waiting for it to grow back...
8-)

Seriously, I was getting carded for cigarettes and beer until I was 40 or better. My brother, OTOH, was buying beer for his buddies when he was 14.

Steve S
Guys........I am not 14. Period.

Mick got false information from an ouside source.

And Steve, I'm not bald..... :roll:
IMG_2538.JPG
IMG_2538.JPG (92.28 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

You are a lot younger than I had you pegged. I was thinking 40-50 by the hands and quality/type of work.

John,

We're just playing.

You've earned your respect here.

Looking young is just something you're stuck with until it changes, and I wouldn't wish any hurry on that to anyone.

Steve S

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I remember what it was like to be a teen withing you were older and a little ashamed of your actual age. We all go through that John. There are days I wish I was 40 when I don't getthe respect I feel I deserve in certain situations. I am 28 and proud of it. Can't change it, can't rush it, it is what it is.
BTW, John is 17 since he won't share his age. There is no reason to be ashamed nor not willing to share how old you are John. All we have to do is look back at your threads and we can see everything you have done at such a young age. I will admit, before we befriended each other I thought you were my age, expecially from your voice. You are right Mick, for 17 he knows a lot more and has done a lot more than most his age. I wish I had his experience when I was 17, imagine what I could be today! Ok, I might have opened myself up with that comment.
-Jonathan
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

I too was shocked...had no clue John was that young based on what work I had sent, hats off... I was put into a management position when I was 20 so I had guys twice my age working for me, gained/earned their respect.

Age is just a number. I'm 37 by the way....
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

John,
Tell them the reason you stay looking so young is from eating bull stones.

If you spend your days doing man's work and acting like a man, then it doesn't matter how many birthdays you've had.

I'll take bits of knowledge from any source I can get it, I get computer advice all the time from people less than half my age and look up to them for teaching me, it's all good no matter the sources age.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

AKweldshop wrote: And Steve, I'm not bald..... :roll:
That's ok, can't be lucky in everything :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

I'm not bald. It's a solar panel for a sex machine.
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

AKweldshop wrote:And please excuse my "young" looks. I come by it naturally. ;)

~John
How old ARE you?
Bill Beauregard

Louie1961 wrote:Ill bite
1909595_158354216000_143856_n.jpg
Which one's you?
Bill Beauregard

John,

I was young once. Often, I was annoyed when people wouldn't treat me like an adult. I was elected selectman in my small town at age 18. A year later the Town Clerk, and Selectboard Chair had a spat, the Chair resigned. The third selectman was not in a position to take over. At 19, I was the primary decision maker for the town government.

Hang in there, make good life decisions, do nothing you could be ashamed of, work hard, respect will come with it. I'm pretty sure you are well on your way. May the force be with you!

Bill

@Mick,
My solar panels are wearing out and don't hold a charge like they used to. :) Maybe that's why the little woman always wants to take me to the beach. If she buries me up to my neck in sand I'll know what she's thinking. :)

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

You may not be as good as you once were, but as long as you are as good once as you ever were. (thanks Toby Keith)
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Gosh if I had only learned to keep it put away like I do nowadays I could have been a millionaire. 2 divorces in 5 years and I blame it all on "little Jeff". No jokes about the sex machine thing....them things have teeth!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

Rick_H wrote:I too was shocked...had no clue John was that young based on what work I had sent, hats off... I was put into a management position when I was 20 so I had guys twice my age working for me, gained/earned their respect.

Age is just a number. I'm 37 by the way....
Thanks Rick. :D
Braehill wrote:John,
Tell them the reason you stay looking so young is from eating bull stones.

If you spend your days doing man's work and acting like a man, then it doesn't matter how many birthdays you've had.

I'll take bits of knowledge from any source I can get it, I get computer advice all the time from people less than half my age and look up to them for teaching me, it's all good no matter the sources age.

Len
Funny, I just had a big plate of them at our SB party....

Thanks Len. :D
Superiorwelding wrote:I remember what it was like to be a teen withing you were older and a little ashamed of your actual age. We all go through that John. There are days I wish I was 40 when I don't getthe respect I feel I deserve in certain situations. I am 28 and proud of it. Can't change it, can't rush it, it is what it is.
BTW, John is 17 since he won't share his age. There is no reason to be ashamed nor not willing to share how old you are John. All we have to do is look back at your threads and we can see everything you have done at such a young age. I will admit, before we befriended each other I thought you were my age, expecially from your voice. You are right Mick, for 17 he knows a lot more and has done a lot more than most his age. I wish I had his experience when I was 17, imagine what I could be today! Ok, I might have opened myself up with that comment.
-Jonathan
Now look Jono, I'm not actually ashamed of my age, but seriously, what kind of guy would respect the opinion of a 17 y/o?
Welding is a trade where experience is your name, and who would think a 17 y/o would have any clue about welding?

It is what it is.

I spend my days doing a mans work.
Any one who has viewed even a few of my threads can tell that.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Bill Beauregard wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:And please excuse my "young" looks. I come by it naturally. ;)

~John
How old ARE you?
Seventeen. (11/10/97)

Bill Beauregard wrote:John,

I was young once. Often, I was annoyed when people wouldn't treat me like an adult. I was elected selectman in my small town at age 18. A year later the Town Clerk, and Selectboard Chair had a spat, the Chair resigned. The third selectman was not in a position to take over. At 19, I was the primary decision maker for the town government.

Hang in there, make good life decisions, do nothing you could be ashamed of, work hard, respect will come with it. I'm pretty sure you are well on your way. May the force be with you!

Bill
Thanks Willie.
I appreciate the kind works.
weldin mike 27 wrote:You are a lot younger than I had you pegged. I was thinking 40-50 by the hands and quality/type of work.
Thanks Mick,
I hope we have no hard feelings against each other.... :)
I'll stop linking WW threads here, and just post the actual pics.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Otto Nobedder wrote:John,

We're just playing.

You've earned your respect here.

Looking young is just something you're stuck with until it changes, and I wouldn't wish any hurry on that to anyone.

Steve S
Steve,
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Bill Beauregard

what kind of guy would respect the opinion of a 17 y/o?

I would, if the seventeen year old was of the character to deserve respect. Most seventeen year olds don't. Most of us old guys can tell the difference.

No problem brother. I have no problem with any one as passionate about welding as you. (well maybe the 6013 thing, but hey, different strokes, haha) Seriously though, I know 40+year olds with the maturity of 12yos so If we had no idea about your age, I'd say you are doing OK. PS last 19yo I worked with, I wanted to whack him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and say "bad puppy " but that's a different story.

@John
I have to admit that I actually gained a lot of respect for you when I found out how old you were. There were times when your immature side would start to show through and it would piss me off because I thought it was coming from a man in his thirties. There were times that you almost demanded our approval and that's a natural thing for a 16 year old, not someone twice your age. There were times I felt like flaming you and had to refrain. You've matured a lot in a little over a year and so has your welding, good for you.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Exactly. We adjust our options now we know the whole story.