General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
nrhmarine7
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:08 am

I start at lincoln tech on monday. Thanks to the news post 911 gi bill the government pays tuition and is paying me 1650 dollars a month just to go do what I like. We Had orientation this morning they gave me 1 of my books and I'm sitting at work reading it. This should be fun. Anyone have any last minute advice before i start
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

do you have an idea of the area of welding you want to go in? aerospace,petro-chemical,structural etc...
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator
nrhmarine7

jpence38 wrote:do you have an idea of the area of welding you want to go in? aerospace,petro-chemical,structural etc...
Right now I just love to weld and fabricate so thats why I am taking the course. I have no clue what kind of welder i want to be, besides a smart one. A couple of the guys at the school said lockheed is hiring tig guys and bell as well and they pay ok. but right now I have a good job for Dapartment of Homeland Security but I just dont think I want to be a officer my entire life. And Im 24 so time is just ticking away
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

nrhmarine7 wrote:
jpence38 wrote:do you have an idea of the area of welding you want to go in? aerospace,petro-chemical,structural etc...
Right now I just love to weld and fabricate so thats why I am taking the course. I have no clue what kind of welder i want to be, besides a smart one. A couple of the guys at the school said lockheed is hiring tig guys and bell as well and they pay ok. but right now I have a good job for Dapartment of Homeland Security but I just dont think I want to be a officer my entire life. And Im 24 so time is just ticking away
"24 and time ticking away"!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait until you get to be 64 and we will talk about time slipping away. :roll: Well...I probably won't be around in 40 years to discuss it with you anyway.

Seriously, good luck on your endeavor. It is a rare gift to be able to "work" at what you enjoy.
nrhmarine7

Haha yea I know I'm still young. I guess I ment time is ticking away on going to school before I start having kids and build a house on my property