General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Ron
  • Ron
    Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Hi ; new here, been looking for a band saw. I was just wondering what people though about the elleis 1600. I like the idea it's made in the good old USA for starters. Money is always an concern.
Ron
dustelf
    Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:09 am

2200$?? no way i would pay that much for that thing... no water cooling sistem&overpriced

better get a second hand one, change the bearings and drink the money :)
Wobulate
    Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:30 am

Check out MSC Industrial, you can purchase a new (foreign made) horizontal band saw for 1/3 the price.
Wob
WOB
Lincoln,Precision TIG225
Miller,Millermatic 251
Miller,Spoolmatic 30A
Miller,Millermatic 130XP
Miller,Spectrum 625
Miller,Thunderbolt 225AC
KMG,Belt Grinder/2x72
Ingersoll Rand,Compressor/5HP
MSC/Vectrax,Band Saw Horizontal-Vertical/7x12
mister bobo
    Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:23 pm

I have a nice swivel head Grizzly horz. BS. Works great. I paid $500 and change delivered. Grizzly has bigger ones as well. Their cust. service sorta sucks, but not much to go wrong with one of these anyways.
bo
gurew
    Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm

harborfreight.....
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-hp-7-inc ... 97009.html

add a 20% coupon and you got a bitchin saw for super cheap...i own one of these and i use it daily at the shop where i work, very sturdy, coolant works great, just be sure to upgrade the blade and it will last forever...cuts are VERY straight
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

gurew wrote:harborfreight.....
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-hp-7-inc ... 97009.html

add a 20% coupon and you got a bitchin saw for super cheap...i own one of these and i use it daily at the shop where i work, very sturdy, coolant works great, just be sure to upgrade the blade and it will last forever...cuts are VERY straight
Yep, it's identical to the ShopFox and the Grizzly comes out of the same factory in China. They are all basically a copy of the Wilton/Jet saws but with at less expensive and more power hungry motor. You can tune them pretty well and as long as you don't beat them up and keep the bearings oiled they'll last a good long time.

Quick after thought. Use the auto feed, don't try to manual feed them or you'll just wear it out.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..