General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Trapperdude464
    Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:56 pm

Im looking for someone who has used the Hobart champion elite 225 amp welder/gen. Is it a good machine?what's it like welding with it? I am curious because I have found one for a decent price and was wondering if it was worth it?
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Trapperdude464 wrote:Im looking for someone who has used the Hobart champion elite 225 amp welder/gen. Is it a good machine?what's it like welding with it? I am curious because I have found one for a decent price and was wondering if it was worth it?

Same thing as Miller, just stock paint. (And Miller ain't nothing to brag about)

If it runs, welds, and generates to your liking, buy it.

IMO
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Trapperdude464

Thanks the guy who had it sold it yesterday it welded good but I was Erie about the $800 price tag he had on it it had 170 hours on it I think. Although that one is gone he has a sa 200 he is holding for me and my question with that one is how much does it weigh? 1960 or so I believe I don't think my half ton is going to haul it out from were it is sitting at tho. Would it be best to put it on a trailer til I got the truck to mount it on?

Trapperdude464 wrote:Thanks the guy who had it sold it yesterday it welded good but I was Erie about the $800 price tag he had on it it had 170 hours on it I think. Although that one is gone he has a sa 200 he is holding for me and my question with that one is how much does it weigh? 1960 or so I believe I don't think my half ton is going to haul it out from were it is sitting at tho. Would it be best to put it on a trailer til I got the truck to mount it on?
Why do you think you need an SA200?

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Trapperdude464

I have a friend that has an all purpose rig and when I learn tig I'm going to the pipeline and iv heard great things about the sa 200 so I figured I would get it. And then use it for pipe or whatever comes my way

Trapperdude464 wrote:I have a friend that has an all purpose rig and when I learn tig I'm going to the pipeline and iv heard great things about the sa 200 so I figured I would get it. And then use it for pipe or whatever comes my way
Yeah if your gonna be on the pipeline, they are just fine.
I wasn't aware of the work you were gonna do with it.

They consume a lot of fuel, and only have dc gen power, and are just dc stick.

Heavy and big.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Trapperdude464

Its OK I was wondering about the Hobart because I wanted one that I could use for a home welder plus a generator for when our power goes out in the winter it usually stays out for a few weeks last year it was a month or more and didn't have a gen to run the house off of. But now I'm looking more at the Lincoln ranger 250 or a miller 250 maybe not sure yet.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

This was moved from "product reviews" because nobody was reviewing anything in the original post.

Moving it up the board may add to the replies.

Steve S.