General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Julian0216
    Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:55 am

Hello Friends. So I have this ZR10 red Arc welding machine. I was using it for like 2 hours and the thing suddenly powered down by itself. It makes this honk noise when you try to force it on. Also when you leave it alone it seems to turn on and then suddenly shut off after 10-20 seconds. I have a video of what I am talking about bellow. Name is Julian. My number is 815-992-1333 You can Contact me anytime of the day and to leave a message. kinda want this thing fixed tommorow or at least diagnosed so that I can finish the projects I had. Thank you!

https://youtu.be/fESXbTBUOyw
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I found a manual for it (I think), which includes a troubleshooting section.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1SeCDzE6Mw
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Try a manual pump 'spray bottle' full of gasoline. (old Windex bottle, etc.)
- Remove the air filter and spray some gasoline into the air intake.
- Try to start the engine.
- If it starts and runs for a few seconds, keep spraying gasoline into the air intake a bit at a time.
If this works, then you have a fuel blockage somewhere. It could be a plugged fuel filter or you may have to dismantle your carburetor and have a look for a blockage.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

engines stored out side and not used every day I always check for fuel contamination,and or dirt from tank,fuel line,fuel, filter,carb.

As previously stated"Try a manual pump 'spray bottle' full of gasoline. (old Windex bottle, etc.)"

Use manual-trouble shoot
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Could it be stale old fuel?
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Julian0216

Thank you for your help!

I took the carb off today and cleaned it real fast with carb cleaner, WD40 and used a torch clearer for the jets and small holes. Gaskets seemed fine. The flapper intake and exhaust valves in the carb where pretty dirty. It started up yesterday fine for a couple hours that I used it for. It seems to be a hit and miss. Some days it wants to start other it doesn't. I got a call from a gentleman about spraying some Fuel down the air line with a spray bottle. Maybe it's a gas problem? I'll check any fuel lines or possible reasons why fuel isn't getting in and use the trouble shooting with the manual. As for the gas it's new. Thank you!
Julian0216

I believe that was you werk space. Thanks for the call! Will try that again tommorow.
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

A couple of things to check.
1 is there clean fuel getting to the carb if no change fuel filter.
Drain tank and check for water/rust, refill with fresh fuel.
Any water/rust in carb float bowl?
Is float free to move up / down?
Does fuel run when float is down
Does fuel stop when float is up

Check oil level, this engine has a low oil cutout.

Recharge 12 volt battery. Remember 12v = flat battery 12.6 V= fully charged.
If voltage drops below 9 volts while cranking recharge battery fully or try a different fully charged battery.
Does battery charge when engine is running, should be 13.8 to 14.2 volt at battery terminals at running speed not idle.

I dont think you have a battery problem as it cranks over quite well, my bet would be on the oil level shutoff.
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Yes, that was I.
On vacation at the moment... Let me know how it's going.
I'm off to look at a machine tomorrow. http://www.stonemaker.com/
Julian0216 wrote:I believe that was you werk space. Thanks for the call! Will try that again tommorow.
Julian0216

Currently waiting on 2 bolt flanges for carburetor to intake manifold. Once carburetor is secure I will try the things suggested and keep you all updated. Have starter fluid and a carb cleaner liquid that you dump in the gas tank. Will try carb cleaner once I get it running. I'm also curious about what I believe is a fuel pump located on the right side. Could be a fuel pump but just taking a random guess. Will try all suggested before tinkering with that. Thank you all for the suggestions and knowledge. :) :D
Julian0216

Put the boots back on and it seems to stay in work mode the idle. Didn't seem to die down and turn it on and off. Added some carb cleaner into the fuel and will mess with it more tommorw. Sorry for late supply I ended up waiting 4 weeks for 2 bolts that I couldn't buy at the local hardware store. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/W9sllNtODj4