General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
maniago
    Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:51 pm

1st post. Bought a 200DX about 5 yrs ago, maybe longer, but it went into storage shortly thereafter (with maybe 2 hrs arc time) and am just now breaking it back out for some fun with old cars. Anything I need to know about the "older" models failure modes vs newer DX's? I see there is some chat about boards going south (?) Any words on what to look out for would be appreciated. Thanks
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

maniago wrote:1st post. Bought a 200DX about 5 yrs ago, maybe longer, but it went into storage shortly thereafter (with maybe 2 hrs arc time) and am just now breaking it back out for some fun with old cars. Anything I need to know about the "older" models failure modes vs newer DX's? I see there is some chat about boards going south (?) Any words on what to look out for would be appreciated. Thanks

Not sure about the failure rate but here's a place I just found to get parts if you need them. http://www.miller4less.com. The parts aren't all that much cheaper but it beats waiting three weeks for a screwed up order like I've experienced when ordering parts over the counter.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..