General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
GatorNation1
    Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:45 pm

Looks like I'm Fl for a $1M policy it's around $750 bucks a year. Not to bad I'd say. Thanks for all the help
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your venture! Keep us posted as to how it's going!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Steve H.
    Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Hey guys, I have a similar question as gatornation1.
Looking to start up a Fab shop, and I have been getting mixed feedback from people as far as what I can and cannot do. The question is, because I want to Fab and not just run a "repair shop" if I were to do structural and not ornamental Fab work, would I have to have it approved by an engineer before it left my shop or do I have the free will to build whatever as long as I'm certified, LLC, insured ect?
P.s live in new jersey
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Steve H. wrote:Hey guys, I have a similar question as gatornation1.
Looking to start up a Fab shop, and I have been getting mixed feedback from people as far as what I can and cannot do. The question is, because I want to Fab and not just run a "repair shop" if I were to do structural and not ornamental Fab work, would I have to have it approved by an engineer before it left my shop or do I have the free will to build whatever as long as I'm certified, LLC, insured ect?
P.s live in new jersey
You have the Free Will to build whatever you want. But you are still susceptible to Legal Claims against you in the event of failure. Unless what you build is certified as structurally correct, and you have a valid WPS for the work performed, you can/will be held legally responsible for any damage, injury or death. And your business insurance will not cover you if you are not "certified" or follow the "law" with respect to the work performed.