General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Stickweld10
    Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Currently enrolled into a vocational school for welding and also enrolled at my local community college working towards a business degree. My community college does not offer any type of welding degree unfortunately. But with graduation from my vocational program coming up in a few months, my question would be do I stay at the community college or try to go into the job force? I'm looking for any and every possible thought you guys may have.
BLURAT
    Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:35 am

Hello Stickweld,

I am pretty sure your topic should be posted under the General Welding or Education sections. I was ready to jump in with a respomse, but I believe administration will soon recategorize this.

It's not a big deal, but your questions will certainly get more views in the proper category. I think we cam only post job opening ads or leads here....not career guidance per se.

I'll give my thoughts once admin moves it (or allows it to remain here). Looking forward to giving my .38 worth of real world input !

Shawn
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Stickweld,
Where are you and what do YOU want to do?
A business degree should give you the basics to run a small business, something that is a handy thing to have, finish the business degree IMO, you may not like welding for a living, at your stage it gives you options.
Do you want to become a journeyman welder to gain experience to run your own welding business or something else?
Location and what you want to do will taylor peoples response to your questions.
Cheers
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....