General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Stickweld10
    Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:26 pm

What's up guys im very new to this forum and just looking for some advice. So i am currently enrolled into a vocational school for welding and also enrolled at my local community college working towards a business degree. My community college does not offer any type of welding degree unfortunately. But with graduation from my vocational program coming up in a few months, my question would be do I stay at the community college or try to go into the job force? I'm looking for any and every possible thought you guys may have. Thanks for your time.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Check with some of the small shops in your area you might find one that only needs a part time person. Sometimes there's just enough extra stuff that needs worked on. If you explain to them up front what your class schedule is they might be able to work with you. That way you can keep your hand on a welder so you don't loose any progress you made. Who knows you might stumble into an offer you can't refuse.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Stickweld10
    Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Poland , thank you for the response! I think that is what I am going to do just for some part time work while I'm still in school. I figured with a business degree if I get into a larger company my degree would give me room for growth within the company. But the downside would be going from welding almost every day and every week to nothing. So I am going to look into night class for welding to keep my skills sharp.