General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Got my 250EX on Monday and was able to fire it up and weld almost right out of the box. I had a minor problem with the HF start but I called Mike at tech support and he told me what to expect and how to fix it. Seems the gremlins putting the front on have a tendency to hit the points with their hands and knock them out of alignment. That happens after the QC tests so it doesn't get caught. It's no big deal to fix and probably just as well that you get familiar with it because they do tend to get out of whack. My Lincoln needed the same basic adjustment.

I don't care for the torch but I have others and I just need to change connectors and they'll be ready to go. The Torch is a 18 and that's a good thing if I ramp up the machine on some thick AL. The 20's I have are rated 250 DCEN and 180 A/C. 1/4" Al needs about 220A on Ar only. I've got the new Smith mixer in now but I need a different set of gauges to run it at a decent flow rate. It needs 105-115 psig to run properly. The gauges are on back order at Arc-Zone and will be here by the end of the month.

The welder functions well just like Jody's video's show and I think it's a good investment. I'll have about 4000.00 in the completed setup. That's several dollars less than a Miller 350 TIG runner. There was some controversy over the current requirment at the panel. I ran mine maxed out for 4 minutes welding a 3/8 5052-H32 inside corner. That was with a 30amp breaker at the sub panel. I have a dedicated 240 panel that is balanced. If you're sharing the panel with 120v circuits you may need a 40 or even a 50 amp breaker. I have a 50 amp at the main that feeds my dedictated 240 sub panel.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
Farmer
    Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:16 am

Have been eyeing this machine as well. Watched the video here and was impressed with the weld quality and features as well . I may have to go out and get one.
joseph.mowery
    Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 pm

How is the Everlast still running? Any more problems with the unit? I'm looking at the Miller Diversion 180 as my TIG unit and just can't seem to not consider anything but a Red or Blue unit.
WILD BILL
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

I have the 225LX an aside from 1 little quirk it has been great. The only issue I had was with the HF start and we were able to take care of that via phone support.

There tech support is great.

I wasn't happy with the supplied torch either and as such I adapted up a WP 20 weld craft torch.

I just refiled my 3rd Bottle (125cf) and have really been pleased with my machine.
Everlast 225LX