General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Miller-Maxstar-150- ... 894wt_1139

Miller maxstar 150 used for 500 bucks AS IS. Started takin a look at it and its used, pretty good shape. Some cosmetic damage. But I couldn't help but notice the MIG gun, and then the lack of a tig torch. As far as I know, the maxstar cant do mig can it?
It has been tested and works but does show signs of usage. I am selling for a friend who no longer is has a need for this equipment. The photos reveal the actual items your bidding on. I am not a welder and don't know much about the unit other than it powers up and does not have any unusual noise.
Im more than a little skeptical.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

That is pretty weird. Personally, I wouldn't touch it. But that's my opinion.
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

The seller has a 100% rating for over a thousand sells. Couldn't find where it is located but $40 shipping seems reasonable.

It would qualify for the eBay "protection" is something was foul.
rick_barter
    Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:48 pm

The Maxstart 150 is a stick welder. I don't know why he's showing a MIG gun with it. If you're interested, ask some follow-up questions to feel out whether or not he knows what he's selling. But, I'm very skeptical too. I think they sell for $850 new. What's $300 for piece of mind?

If you want one, talk to your Miller rep.

rvb
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

personally I would rather buy one new. Was kinda hopin to get a deal on one but all the ones I looked at looked either sketchy or not much cheaper than a new one
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
welder57
    Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:42 pm

maxstar 150 is a tig/stick according to millers website. not much in the stick dept i would imagine. i wouldn't buy it either if it didn't have some kind of tig torch attached with it.