General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 am

Nice! Looking forward to all of them. Still going to have guests on alternating shows?
-Jon

I learned how to weld at night, but not last night. (despite how my weld looks)

Lincoln Viking 3350 K3034-2&3
Dynasty 210DX w/cps and coolmate3
Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Jon,
I hope you and the rest of the welding community enjoy the podcasts. Yes, we still are holding a guest interview every other podcast. That might change according to what we have going on but interviews will always be there. The interviews have the most hits on them as far as downloads so our audience obviously finds those the most interesting.

I will continue to update here as needed and try to answer questions.
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. at least now we have some reason to look forward to Mondays. Liked your welding like robin hood vid too.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

Episode 6 of the Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast "Pricing Jobs" is now live. This was probably the most fun topic to record with Jody and Roy. Pricing jobs is always nerve racking when starting out, and still is for me at times. If you haven't listened to any of the podcasts yet give episode 6 a listen. In my opinion it is the best so far.

http://wttpodcast.libsyn.com/

Jonathan

Another good one. Would be fun if you guys each came up with a sign off phrase. -Keep your tungsten sharp.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

maker of things wrote:Another good one. Would be fun if you guys each came up with a sign off phrase. -Keep your tungsten sharp.
Welders do it with a hot rod :lol:
Richard
Website
    Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:19 pm

I just binge-listened to 1-6. Great work, guys!! The one about pricing out jobs was very very helpful for me. I want to get into my own side work soon, and eventually my own company full time. But had no clue where to start. Now I feel much more confident in stepping that direction!

Weldakota,
I am glad that helped. That was one of the most unknown topics to me when I started. I had no idea how to price or quote jobs. Learned through experience I have gained so far and the help of good friends.

On another note, episode 7 went live today. We interviewed Joel Buschmann of Overkill Racing and Chassis, or @overkillracingandchassis on Instagram. If you want an interesting back story on how someone got into welding, and in this case building Monster Trucks, I highly recommend giving episode 7 a listen.
Jonathan

Missed you on #7 Jonathan. Thanks for being on the podcast Joel.
I really like when you guys talk about practical real world scenarios. Like the fact that if you lawn dart a 10,000# truck, something is going to break. I bet some people could argue that tig welding the DOM would make a "better" weld but ultimately, as Jody pointed out, some material is likely going to fail first. Probably slightly misquoting Jody again "if they made airplanes so they wouldn't crack, they would never get off the ground".
Keep it up gang!
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Seems quiet.

I've been catching up a bit and enjoying every episode.

I'm surprised there are not more comments here.

Steve S

Episode 14 has been published!

http://wttpodcast.libsyn.com/
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Great stuff.

Issac is one bad man 8-)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Thanks for being on the show Zank (episode #13).
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

My pleasure! It was a lot of fun. Hopefully it was entertaining for audience.
Cbking
    Sun May 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:Seems quiet.

I've been catching up a bit and enjoying every episode.

I'm surprised there are not more comments here.

Steve S
Started listening to Steve's episode today. Definitely some interesting stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely interesting stuff Zank. Steve too (not faking the sincerity ;) )

Always look forward to listening on my drive to/from work on Mondays.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

Episode 16 has been available since Monday. I only last night found time to listen. Good stuff, as always.

www.wttpodcast.libsyn.com

Steve S
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Listened to 1/2 of episode 16 and will finish it tomorrow. I like it. I am going to have to play catch up and listen to them all. ;)
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

I've got a question that's more tech related and probably a dumb question but, does listening to a podcast use your data? If it's downloaded it shouldn't use the data, right?

jroark wrote:I've got a question that's more tech related and probably a dumb question but, does listening to a podcast use your data? If it's downloaded it shouldn't use the data, right?
If it's downloaded onto your phone you're good. I download to my desktop then move over to my phone
Richard
Website
electrode

Just wanted to mention that Firefox does not get along with the podcast webpage for some reason. Last night and today I was able to listen to volume 16 after a few lockups of the browser. Tonight it won't work at all and locks up every time so I tried it with Internet Exploder and it works fine. So I guess I am good as long as I use IE when listening.

electrode wrote:Just wanted to mention that Firefox does not get along with the podcast webpage for some reason. Last night and today I was able to listen to volume 16 after a few lockups of the browser. Tonight it won't work at all and locks up every time so I tried it with Internet Exploder and it works fine. So I guess I am good as long as I use IE when listening.
That's odd. I've been using Firefox exclusively when listening to the podcast.
Now that you mention it, MS Edge does not play Jody's subscription videos for me, and I've moved those to Firefox.

Whatever works, I suppose.

Steve S
electrode

Otto Nobedder wrote:
electrode wrote:Just wanted to mention that Firefox does not get along with the podcast webpage for some reason. Last night and today I was able to listen to volume 16 after a few lockups of the browser. Tonight it won't work at all and locks up every time so I tried it with Internet Exploder and it works fine. So I guess I am good as long as I use IE when listening.
That's odd. I've been using Firefox exclusively when listening to the podcast.
Now that you mention it, MS Edge does not play Jody's subscription videos for me, and I've moved those to Firefox.

Whatever works, I suppose.

Steve S
Well tonight it works just fine. Maybe just needed a reboot or something for one reason or another. It was crashing on the main link to the podcasts with a spinning circle as if it was choking on something on the page. I will use Firefox unless I have to use IE. I am still on Win7.

electrode wrote: I am still on Win7.
Until 2020 for me too.

I run chrome but listen to the podcast from my android phone on the drive to/from work so haven't tried streaming via the web browser. Downloading the mp3 to listen locally might help if it is a hiccup with the connection or server?
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

jroark wrote:I've got a question that's more tech related and probably a dumb question but, does listening to a podcast use your data? If it's downloaded it shouldn't use the data, right?
As far as I know, if you stream the podcast from our website it will use your data. You are better off to download each episode and listen that way if you do not have WiFi when listening. You can always download a given episode and delete it to make room for the next one so you don't fill up your phone.
Jonathan