General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Episode 14 has been published!

http://wttpodcast.libsyn.com/
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Great stuff.

Issac is one bad man 8-)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 am

Thanks for being on the show Zank (episode #13).
-Jon

I learned how to weld at night, but not last night. (despite how my weld looks)

Lincoln Viking 3350 K3034-2&3
Dynasty 210DX w/cps and coolmate3
Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

My pleasure! It was a lot of fun. Hopefully it was entertaining for audience.
Cbking
    Sun May 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:Seems quiet.

I've been catching up a bit and enjoying every episode.

I'm surprised there are not more comments here.

Steve S
Started listening to Steve's episode today. Definitely some interesting stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely interesting stuff Zank. Steve too (not faking the sincerity ;) )

Always look forward to listening on my drive to/from work on Mondays.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

Episode 16 has been available since Monday. I only last night found time to listen. Good stuff, as always.

www.wttpodcast.libsyn.com

Steve S
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Listened to 1/2 of episode 16 and will finish it tomorrow. I like it. I am going to have to play catch up and listen to them all. ;)
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

I've got a question that's more tech related and probably a dumb question but, does listening to a podcast use your data? If it's downloaded it shouldn't use the data, right?

jroark wrote:I've got a question that's more tech related and probably a dumb question but, does listening to a podcast use your data? If it's downloaded it shouldn't use the data, right?
If it's downloaded onto your phone you're good. I download to my desktop then move over to my phone
Richard
Website
electrode

Just wanted to mention that Firefox does not get along with the podcast webpage for some reason. Last night and today I was able to listen to volume 16 after a few lockups of the browser. Tonight it won't work at all and locks up every time so I tried it with Internet Exploder and it works fine. So I guess I am good as long as I use IE when listening.

electrode wrote:Just wanted to mention that Firefox does not get along with the podcast webpage for some reason. Last night and today I was able to listen to volume 16 after a few lockups of the browser. Tonight it won't work at all and locks up every time so I tried it with Internet Exploder and it works fine. So I guess I am good as long as I use IE when listening.
That's odd. I've been using Firefox exclusively when listening to the podcast.
Now that you mention it, MS Edge does not play Jody's subscription videos for me, and I've moved those to Firefox.

Whatever works, I suppose.

Steve S
electrode

Otto Nobedder wrote:
electrode wrote:Just wanted to mention that Firefox does not get along with the podcast webpage for some reason. Last night and today I was able to listen to volume 16 after a few lockups of the browser. Tonight it won't work at all and locks up every time so I tried it with Internet Exploder and it works fine. So I guess I am good as long as I use IE when listening.
That's odd. I've been using Firefox exclusively when listening to the podcast.
Now that you mention it, MS Edge does not play Jody's subscription videos for me, and I've moved those to Firefox.

Whatever works, I suppose.

Steve S
Well tonight it works just fine. Maybe just needed a reboot or something for one reason or another. It was crashing on the main link to the podcasts with a spinning circle as if it was choking on something on the page. I will use Firefox unless I have to use IE. I am still on Win7.

electrode wrote: I am still on Win7.
Until 2020 for me too.

I run chrome but listen to the podcast from my android phone on the drive to/from work so haven't tried streaming via the web browser. Downloading the mp3 to listen locally might help if it is a hiccup with the connection or server?
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

jroark wrote:I've got a question that's more tech related and probably a dumb question but, does listening to a podcast use your data? If it's downloaded it shouldn't use the data, right?
As far as I know, if you stream the podcast from our website it will use your data. You are better off to download each episode and listen that way if you do not have WiFi when listening. You can always download a given episode and delete it to make room for the next one so you don't fill up your phone.
Jonathan

I use beyondpod app, stitcher is another and there are probably a bunch of other podcast apps for android. The apps have settings where you choose how many episodes to download at a time, how many to keep and can be set to only download over wifi. If you have the app set to download only over wifi, then it would not use your phones data. If you download to your pc and then transfer the .mp3 to your phone via usb cable, also would not use data. I would suspect itunes has similar functionality. This assumes you have an internet connection and a computer.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

...and everything old is new again. Who's old enough to remember waiting 'til the evening rates to make long-distance calls? Oh, and we had a party line, so if one of the neighbors was on the phone, you had to hang up and wait...

:lol:

Steve S

I keep trying to shove the AOL cds into my phone to get the free minutes of internet. :geek:
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

maker of things wrote:I keep trying to shove the AOL cds into my phone to get the free minutes of internet. :geek:
CD's!! I trying to use their floppy discs!!
Richard
Website

Otto Nobedder wrote:...and everything old is new again. Who's old enough to remember waiting 'til the evening rates to make long-distance calls? Oh, and we had a party line, so if one of the neighbors was on the phone, you had to hang up and wait...

:lol:

Steve S
Or if you're really quiet listen in?
How about the thrill of upgrading the 24k modem to 56k...I was flying thru the web then :lol:
Richard
Website
electrode

LtBadd wrote:
maker of things wrote:I keep trying to shove the AOL cds into my phone to get the free minutes of internet. :geek:
CD's!! I trying to use their floppy discs!!
I have one of those Sony cameras that uses the 3.5" floppy disc. Was great until technology blew right past it. Still a nice keepsake. :lol:
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Just wanted to let my fellow welders here know we posted a bonus episode. Roy and I did a quick Skyle call to Jody while he is at FABTECH 2016 to see what he is up to and who he has met. Roy and I really wish we could have been there but.... We do plan on recording a live episode next year though. Anyway, give the short talk a listen and let us know what you think.
Jonathan
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

Chicago 2017! Let's do it!

Hell, even I might be able to pull off a trip to Chicago next year.

Steve S

I have a fresh comment on an early podcast...

"Weld Tests"

Here's a thought... If the equipment was rolled up when you began, it should be rolled up when you're done!

Fellow blew it today with a half-ass weld we "might" have worked with, and left all the shit out where he dropped it.

Housekeeping is a job skill, too.

Steve S