It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:31 am Advanced search

Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast

General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

Re: Welding Tips & Tricks Podcast

Postby weldin mike 27 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm

It's interesting, but definitely not for everyone. There is heaps of repetition. The job I'm on at the moment is part of an order of 1200 vehicles, so there will be the same welds for a while.
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby 5th Street Fab » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:37 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:It's interesting, but definitely not for everyone. There is heaps of repetition. The job I'm on at the moment is part of an order of 1200 vehicles, so there will be the same welds for a while.
I could see that but at the same time I love dropping the hood as long as possible

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
5th Street Fab
Workhorse

Postby weldin mike 27 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:00 am

Me too
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby Artie F. Emm » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Hey, Mick, good to hear your story!

Otto Nobedder wrote:All the episodes are archived here:
http://www.wttpodcast.libsyn.com

I've found i prefer the layout at this site, seems to be organized a little better. Altho who thought light grey text on a white background was a good idea.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/roy-cr ... roductions
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Artie F. Emm
Weldmonger

Postby weldin mike 27 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:45 am

Glad you liked it, Dave. I didn't think I could offer much but I reckon I could have talked for another couple of hours.
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby Artie F. Emm » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:42 am

Just heard the "Bosses" episode. Congratulations to Jonathan for taking the big step and going full-time with Superior Welding!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Artie F. Emm
Weldmonger

Postby Superiorwelding » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Artie,
Thank you very much! It's been a long time coming but I finally made the jump. So far it has been a blast and a learning curve. You think you have it all figured out and something new comes your way (or more specifically difficult customers).

On this note, the next episode, 61 or 62 depending on how it all works out, will specifically deal with growing your business. I asked a lot of questions and am hoping that you, yes you reading this, can offer some incite and opinion.
Jonathan
Superiorwelding
Weldmonger

Postby 5th Street Fab » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:16 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Artie,
Thank you very much! It's been a long time coming but I finally made the jump. So far it has been a blast and a learning curve. You think you have it all figured out and something new comes your way (or more specifically difficult customers).

On this note, the next episode, 61 or 62 depending on how it all works out, will specifically deal with growing your business. I asked a lot of questions and am hoping that you, yes you reading this, can offer some incite and opinion.
Jonathan
My advice is to be near a large city or you better have a niche! Now I just need to find a niche!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
5th Street Fab
Workhorse

Postby 5th Street Fab » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Artie,

Jonathan
Thanks for EP. 61 I think it'll come in handy! And good luck on your business venture!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
5th Street Fab
Workhorse

Postby Artie F. Emm » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:23 am

A thought on the "first job is free" strategy: make sure you put the invoice into the hand of the decision maker, and make sure you explain to that decision maker right then and there why he's getting the credit. If you don't, or if you leave it for them or mail it in, the invoice may get swept up into the accounts payable process, and the only person to notice is the a/p tech. Also, give a copy of that invoice to your tax guy ao he can take it out of the tax bill.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Artie F. Emm
Weldmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Welding Forum General Shop Talk