General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Least honorable
    Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:38 pm

So I was hoping to use my powertig 250ex today (first time ever using it or turning it on) but when I go to do so, the front panel on the machine lights up and the temp light and current light are on, and the machine won't work, has anyone else had this issue? Didn't find anything about it in the manual ,I might be dumb and it might have an easy fix, come to think of its that's probably it. But yeah, any help is appreciated.

Regards

Noah
20160716_114804.jpg
20160716_114804.jpg (52.43 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
Oilman
    Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:30 pm

Is the machine grounded?

Go through and check to make sure all the connections are right. Also check the crimps on the gas lines. I had to tighten those for minor gas leaks from the factory. Soap all the gas connections.

If all else fails give Everlast a call. They have been very responsive when I called them with a few minor issues.

I have a friend who has that machine and has found it bullet proof so far. Even when his Miller Maxstar 400 was broken he was able to get all the welding done with the Everlast.
1969 Idealarc 250
Miller 200 MIG
Everlast 200DV
Micro welder
Least honorable

Oilman wrote:Is the machine grounded?

Go through and check to make sure all the connections are right. Also check the crimps on the gas lines. I had to tighten those for minor gas leaks from the factory. Soap all the gas connections.

If all else fails give Everlast a call. They have been very responsive when I called them with a few minor issues.

I have a friend who has that machine and has found it bullet proof so far. Even when his Miller Maxstar 400 was broken he was able to get all the welding done with the Everlast.
not gonna pretend i know anything about the work the electrician put in, i just gave him the manual and asked him to do it, he might have set it up wrong though, ill have him take a look at it, and it was set up for stick, not tig, it wont even work, just all the lights are on nothing happens, so its probably a electrical misshap.

noah
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

If you disconnect the Tig torch, does the same thing happen? It sounds like a short circuit.
I found the manual online. If it doesn't help, give Duncan or Jean a call 905-637-1637.
http://www.everlastgenerators.com/sites ... 202016.pdf

EVERLAST WELDERS CANADA
750 Darlene Court, Unit 2
Burlington, ON L7L5V1
jean@everlastwelders.ca
sales@everlastwelders.ca

On Indicator:
Confirms unit is switched on.

Temperature Indicator:
Lights up and stops welding output until the welder has cooled within normal limits.
Allow 10 minutes before attempting to reset manually by cycling the power switch.
If the light does not go out after the cool down period by cycling the switch,
or if comes on again when the arc is struck, contact Everlast.

Over Current Indicator:
Lights up when a voltage /amp surge has surpassed the units capabilities.
Eliminate the source of the surge and manually cycle the power switch to reset.
If the light remains on after cycling the switch, this may indicate a unit fault created
during the over current event. In this case, contact Everlast.
Least honorable wrote:So I was hoping to use my powertig 250ex today (first time ever using it or turning it on) but when I go to do so, the front panel on the machine lights up and the temp light and current light are on, and the machine won't work, has anyone else had this issue? Didn't find anything about it in the manual ,I might be dumb and it might have an easy fix, come to think of its that's probably it. But yeah, any help is appreciated.

Regards

Noah
20160716_114804.jpg
Least honorable

WerkSpace wrote:If you disconnect the Tig torch, does the same thing happen? It sounds like a short circuit.
I found the manual online. If it doesn't help, give Duncan or Jean a call 905-637-1637.
http://www.everlastgenerators.com/sites ... 202016.pdf

EVERLAST WELDERS CANADA
750 Darlene Court, Unit 2
Burlington, ON L7L5V1
jean@everlastwelders.ca
sales@everlastwelders.ca

On Indicator:
Confirms unit is switched on.

Temperature Indicator:
Lights up and stops welding output until the welder has cooled within normal limits.
Allow 10 minutes before attempting to reset manually by cycling the power switch.
If the light does not go out after the cool down period by cycling the switch,
or if comes on again when the arc is struck, contact Everlast.

Over Current Indicator:
Lights up when a voltage /amp surge has surpassed the units capabilities.
Eliminate the source of the surge and manually cycle the power switch to reset.
If the light remains on after cycling the switch, this may indicate a unit fault created
during the over current event. In this case, contact Everlast.
Least honorable wrote:So I was hoping to use my powertig 250ex today (first time ever using it or turning it on) but when I go to do so, the front panel on the machine lights up and the temp light and current light are on, and the machine won't work, has anyone else had this issue? Didn't find anything about it in the manual ,I might be dumb and it might have an easy fix, come to think of its that's probably it. But yeah, any help is appreciated.

Regards

Noah
20160716_114804.jpg
since it cant weld i dont think the unit is too hot even if the light is on, i tried the waiting 10 mins to reopen the light and it didnt work either. so i think ill have to give them a call on monday, thanks for the help, much appreciated.

noah
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Noah, I'm curious if the tig torch is shorted. Try disconnecting it and powering up the unit.
Least honorable wrote: since it cant weld i dont think the unit is too hot even if the light is on, i tried the waiting 10 mins to reopen the light and it didnt work either. so i think ill have to give them a call on monday, thanks for the help, much appreciated. noah
Least honorable

WerkSpace wrote:Noah, I'm curious if the tig torch is shorted. Try disconnecting it and powering up the unit.
Least honorable wrote: since it cant weld i dont think the unit is too hot even if the light is on, i tried the waiting 10 mins to reopen the light and it didnt work either. so i think ill have to give them a call on monday, thanks for the help, much appreciated. noah
nothing happens, i have the Stick stinger plugged in right now, and wont work, just all the lights are on and nothing shows up on the small screen. the machine doesnt even "power up" its just idle. you dont hear the sound of the fan or any components, just silence. :cry:

noah
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

There is probably a faulty thermal overload switch or sensor. It's likely a very easy fix. Just get ahold of the company before you worry too much. It is frusterating but when you save money buying sometimes you pay for it in other ways.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

input wired wrong? Might be getting 110/120 to one side of welder plug or if it is combo single phase/3 ph,could have wrong wires for the plug to panel/outlet.My 250 has constant run fan when wired right. a Mutimeter for a check and the manual wiring diagram. Check Everlast site for current manual for your machine model,Sometimes the one sent with machine not clear/easy to read.
A call to Everlast or email to Mark or Oleg will get a response. :)
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
Least honorable

rick9345 wrote:input wired wrong? Might be getting 110/120 to one side of welder plug or if it is combo single phase/3 ph,could have wrong wires for the plug to panel/outlet.My 250 has constant run fan when wired right. a Mutimeter for a check and the manual wiring diagram. Check Everlast site for current manual for your machine model,Sometimes the one sent with machine not clear/easy to read.
A call to Everlast or email to Mark or Oleg will get a response. :)
i dont think its wrong, the wall socket the electrician put up seems to match what they said in the manual, and i cant really check to make sure its right because i dont know anything in that field of work, ill call everlast on monday, if they dont know whats going on then ill call the electrician

noah
thespian
    Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Well what was the problem did you get it fixed?
Thespian is just an old username I have used forever , my name is Bill
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

Whenever you deal with those guys, ask for Alex in sales. He seems to have the most pull around there and will get the job done when tech support tells you "You'll have to send it back to us and wait four to six weeks after we receive it before you get it back. Alex will get parts out to you.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT