Discuss welding shows, learning seminars, workshops and other events here.
sewer urchin
    Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi Jody:

Really enjoyed your FABTECH 2016 highlights video. Is there anything similar in the works from the 2017 show?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

sewer urchin wrote:Hi Jody:

Really enjoyed your FABTECH 2016 highlights video. Is there anything similar in the works from the 2017 show?
Count on it. Jody doesn't miss FabTech, and the coverage improves each year. More of us attend each year. It is a growing feature here.

He may respond to your question himself, but don't count on it. He's one of the busiest people I know.

Steve S
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Is Fabtech open to the public or is it like SEMA, only for insiders?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

sedanman wrote:Is Fabtech open to the public or is it like SEMA, only for insiders?
Wide open trade show. All are welcome.

Steve S
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

Otto Nobedder wrote:
sewer urchin wrote:Hi Jody:

Count on it. Jody doesn't miss FabTech, and the coverage improves each year. More of us attend each year. It is a growing feature here.

He may respond to your question himself, but don't count on it. He's one of the busiest people I know.

Steve S
Is there a link to this video of which you speak!
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.
    Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:07 pm

FABTECH 2017 was awesome!!! As someone who is relatively new to welding, I was not disappointed by this show. The greatest benefit was that I could see firsthand many of the products that I've been interested in purchasing or building for my shop. I picked up some squares from Fireball Tool that I had pre-ordered before they left Spokane. While that was a great cost savings on shipping, it was really great to meet Jason and Jessica who make up the Fireball team. They have some great squares and design plans available. They also introduced a new cast surface system for welding tables.

One of my highlights was meeting Jody and talking with him for a little bit. I can't say enough about this forum and his videos. They have helped me quite a lot in improving my welding. Hats off also go to Barb Parsons AKA Barbie The Welder who was working the Weiler booth. I picked up some grinder wheels while there. For those who don't know her, Barbie worked as a production welder in a fab shop for ten years before striking it out on her own to create awesome welded sculptures. She had two of her sculpts in the Weiler booth. Check out her site and You Tube videos. She and Jody are both incredibly awesome people!

Now to save up for some really cool add-ons for my shop.
Terry

There's only one way to find out. Might as well get started now...