Discuss welding shows, learning seminars, workshops and other events here.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Ever consider that this is his, or his companies first foray in to market research. As you said, its big business. I'll bet you didn't get things perfect the first time. And also consider the language/ culture difference.

Mick
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

vijay150609 wrote:Hello Steve/Jonathan,

Yes I'm looking for market info as I stated in my post. My background - welding sales, then electrode production factory, now marketing. So if anybody can provide the info it'ld be great. Thanks.
Thank you for responding back. I am seriously curious as to what specific information you want. Are you wanting to know what brands are out there? What brands we use? What type of alum wire we use? While we frown on members using this sight to get only what they need and give nothing in return you do have my curiosity. Are you wanting to market a product, brand or new filler composition? Please give us detailed information so we know exactly where you are coming from.
-Jonathan
vijay150609
    Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:15 am

Hello GreinTime,

Thanks for your comments. I'm searching for this info as my employer is looking to improve its current position in this product category. I was just hoping that, even if I don't get any firm numbers from any of the members here, somebody just might be able to direct me to some source - website/marketing research firm...anything - that I could further check to get the info. I just thought that members here just might know such sources. So any info that comes along, will be most appreciated.

Regards
Vijay
vijay150609
    Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:15 am

Superiorwelding wrote:
vijay150609 wrote:Hello Steve/Jonathan,

Yes I'm looking for market info as I stated in my post. My background - welding sales, then electrode production factory, now marketing. So if anybody can provide the info it'ld be great. Thanks.
Thank you for responding back. I am seriously curious as to what specific information you want. Are you wanting to know what brands are out there? What brands we use? What type of alum wire we use? While we frown on members using this sight to get only what they need and give nothing in return you do have my curiosity. Are you wanting to market a product, brand or new filler composition? Please give us detailed information so we know exactly where you are coming from.
-Jonathan
Hello Jonathan,

Broadly the specific info that I am looking for is this: what is the total sales of Aluminium MIG/TIG wire products in Europe. Obviously the more detailed this info can get - such as country wise, customers, competitors/brands/players etc. - the better it will be. I'm not try to market/promote anything. Just trying to get the info stated or get directed to some other source that can help.

About taking something from here / giving something in return - the info I get from here will be public so everybody will benefit in a sense. What else can I possibly give/share?

Regards
Vijay